{Im Not Signing That}02

"Five years ago. I had a heart attack... and dropped right in the middle of my backswing" The guy said who was the Secretary of State.

"Turned out it was the best round of my life." He said, then I just tuned him out but still looking over his way.

What is the point of being here? We did not do anything wrong. Or does this have to do with something else?

"Tho there are many people who see u as heroes... there are some who would prefer to use the word 'vigilantes'" He said and I sat up.

"And what word would u use, Mr. Secretary" Natasha asked him. "How bout dangerous" He said and I was very confused by that. We are not dangerous.

"What would u call a group of US based, enhanced individuals, who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose. And who frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind" He said and I roll my eyes.

He then stepped to the side and the screen turned on in front of us. "New York" He said as a video of what happened in new york played.

"Washington DC" He said and then played whatever happened there.

"Sokovia" He said and then that video played. I sighed and I looked away from the screen and turned my chair so I could be looking at the table.

Sam put his hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"Lagos" He said but I didn't pay attention.

"Ok. That's enough" Steve said and I looked at He screen to see it shut off.

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power" He said. "And no supervision"

"That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate"

"But I think we have a solution." He said and was passed a book and gave it to Wanda.

"The Sokovia accords" He said. "Approved by 117 countries"

Wanda hen passed it to Rhodes.

"It states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel. Only when and if that panel deems its necessary" He said walking around the table.

Since no one was speaking up, Steve decided to.

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place." Steve said. "I feel we've done that"

Mr. Secretary was next to Steve looking down at him. "Tell me, Captain. Do u know where Thor and banner are, right now?" He asked and Steve looked up at him not answering.

He then walked back to where he was at the beginning and said, "Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works"

"Believe me. This is the middle ground" He added.

"So. There are contingencies." Rhodes said.

"Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the accords" Mr. Secretary said and Steve looked over at Tony.

"Talk it over" He said and started to walk away.

"And if we come into a decision u don't like?" Natasha said before he could leave. "Then u retire." He said and we stayed quiet as he left.
-
"Secretary Ross has a congressional Medal of Honor. Which is one more than u have" Rhodes told Sam.