“What do you mean maybe,” he snapped. “That’s not what you said a minute ago! You said you like me for sure!”

            “Well I changed my mind,” she shouted.

            “What?!”

            “I said I changed my mind!”

            Chase’s mouth fell so wide apart he could hear the click of his jaw from how stretched out it was. “You can’t just change your mind! Who does that?!” He glowered at her and willed Krislynn to look him in the eyes, but she was adamant on keeping her face turned the other way. “Why did you change your mind?!”

            “Because you’re such an asshole,” she retorted. With her body now turned towards him, Chase could finally see the anger and hurt that was clearly visible on her face. “Not only did I have to be the first one to admit that I like you for sure, but you’ve done nothing but mock me about it after! So I unknowingly did start to like you; that doesn’t mean I had plans to do that from the start! So whatever. Have it your way. I won’t like you anymore. I’ve changed my mind about it.”

            She stood up to go, and this time Chase stood up with her. With a gentle tug, he pulled her to him, his chest aching knowing that his arrogance and his obliviousness was the reason for pushing her away. “Don’t,” he said.

            Krislynn stared at him restlessly as if she didn’t expect too much from him anymore. “Don’t what?” She mumbled.

            “Don’t…” Chase felt his cheeks filling up with heat as he gave her hand another squeeze. “Don’t… Don’t change your mind,” he stuttered. “Continue to like me no matter what. I know that I um… get kind of asswipe-ish every once in a while, but I think I like you a lot more than I care to admit so just… be patient with me until then.”

            Chase meant it from the bottom of his heart, and when Krislynn’s expression softened, and she bit the corner of her lips to stop herself from smiling silly, he knew that was the right moment to kiss her. Cupping her face right on her jaw line, he tilted her face towards him before he sunk his mouth over hers. Krislynn’s lips met his trembling, which only drew out the dominant and protective side of him as he released her hand and pulled her up against his body. Pushing her back, Chase gently led her backwards until the back of Krislynn’s body met the door and then pressed her up on it.

            He could feel all of the masculine energy inside of him exploding, his desire for her so intense that his kisses were making her breathless. Chase didn’t care. What he couldn’t explain to her through his words he wanted to make up for through his actions and he wanted to make sure Krislynn knew who she belonged to. His. She was his and he didn’t want to share her. Especially not with Jace. Taking both her hands in his, Chase intertwined their fingers before pinning Krislynn’s hands over her head against the door. When she moaned against their lips, Chase could feel himself moving inside his pants and knew that she must have felt it too when she slipped her thigh in between his and pushed against it.

            He broke away then – both his body and his lips – but not so far away that he couldn’t lower his head and rest his forehead on top of her shoulder. “We have to stop there,” he said, his breath still bated, his lips still bee-stung. “Because if you get me going, I’m going to keep on going. Chase Evans doesn’t come with a stop button.”