Chapter 34

For the ZOMG adorable banner!!! I love it soooooo much!!!!

34. Tough Guys Wear Pink  

Monday turned out to be an extremely boring day for Krislynn full of vacuuming, cleaning, and laundry. Chase had left early that morning to secure a location for one of the scenes in his upcoming movie, and although Pete had dropped by in the afternoon so she could fill out a job application, he had left after that with the promise of picking her up Tuesday for her first day at work.

Krislynn managed to keep herself entertained, singing along to music being blasted by Chase’s stereo as she cleaned the house, but nothing could have stopped the excitement from escaping her facial expression when he finally came home at quarter after three. She shot up from where she was sitting on the loveseat, her knees on the sofa cushions as her stomach pressed against the back cushion of the couch, and beamed at him before turning off the stereo with the remote. “How was work today?” She asked.

“Nothing you need to worry your little pea brain about,” he muttered as he stuffed one hand down into his pocket.

She wrinkled her nose at him as he walked up to her so that the only distance between them was the back part of the sofa. “At least I’ve got a brain,” she retorted, and might have even added more if the shiny object he was pulling out of his pocket hadn’t caught her eye. “Hey! What’s that?” Excitement resonated from her voice. “Is it for me?”

“Not anymore it’s not!” Chase scowled and made a face before pretending to be deeply wounded by her insult. One hand waving the silver cellphone high in the air, he allowed his free hand to clasp over his heart as a dramatic sigh escaped his lips. “And I went alllll the way to get you a new phone after work today! I guess somebody doesn’t want it!”

“No! No! No!” Krislynn instantly jumped up on the couch and lunged for it, but Chase quickly moved his hands behind his back where she couldn’t reach. “Somebody does want it,” she whimpered, her eyes big like a puppy dog as she nibbled softly on her lower lip. “Somebody really wants it.”

“Who wants it?” He teased.

“I do,” she murmured.

“Who’s ‘I’?”

By now it was obvious he was fooling around with her even if the big, lopsided smirk on his face wasn’t there, but Krislynn had been desperate for a new phone ever since she broke hers last week. “I do,” she said, getting impatient. “Krislynn does!” She had no idea where he was going with this.

Chase made a face at her. “Who’s that?” He said, trying not to laugh. “I only remember a girl whose name is a certain pink farm animal.”

Krislynn let out a squeal as she quickly ducked her head and launched her arms around his waist, aiming for the phone behind his back, but he was just one step ahead of her and smoothly lifted both arms up just as she initiated her attack, causing her to miss entirely. She growled at him and he laughed as a response. “Come on,” he taunted. “Who wants the phone?”