Chapter 14

(Bc you're silly. =P)

~*~*~

14. Revenge with a Side of Potatoes

Krislynn’s lips throbbed from Chase’s kiss---that much was undeniable. An unexpected shiver tingled all throughout her body, even beyond her lips and down the column of her spine, but her stomach was a completely different story. It was chaos set on fire---utterly disgusted.

Rage rapidly built inside her and without thinking she latched the ladle from the potato salad and dumped a serving on top of his head. “Take that you attention whore,” she hissed at him, well aware that every eye in the room was on the both of them. She didn’t even care at that point, just pissed off that he would humiliate her the way he did.

Never one to go cheap on vengeance, Chase hardly blinked before scooping a handful of mashed potatoes off his own plate and smearing it across her face. His gray, silver freckled eyes gleamed with amusement as she jumped him and the very thought that he was enjoying their fight caused smoke to come out of her ears.  

“The both of you, stop that this instant!” Michelle stood up and glared at the tangled mess of arms and legs across the table from her. “What are you? Eight? You’re having a food fight---at my table?!”

Immediately Krislynn got off of Chase and stood up on her feet. “Oh my God, I’m so sorry! I have no idea what got into me just now.” Lowering her head, she nibbled on her bottom lip in embarrassment and focused her eyes on the floor. She didn’t even want to take a side glance at the expression on Jace’s face. There was no way he wouldn’t think of her as a psycho after the stunt she just pulled. “I’m just really sorry.”

Michelle’s expression softened at her sincere apology. “Oh honey, don’t apologize. I wasn’t yelling at you. You were only doing self-defence to protect yourself from getting sexually harassed---I totally get that!” A frown brewed on her face as she shifted her gaze towards Chase. “You on the other hand have no excuse for what you did! Do you know how many starving kids there are in the world? Get out of my freakin’ house!”

Chase stood up with such ferocity that his chair knocked back and clashed onto the floor. “Excuse me,” he shouted. “It was not my fault. You can’t just side with her because you’re a feminist. She totally started it first and FYI, its Seth’s house and he’ll let me stay. Right man?”

Seth nodded before giving his fiancée an apologetic look. “Gotta agree with my man,” he said. “Krislynn definitely started it.”

“Yeah! Bros before hoes,” Chase hollered as the two of them did an odd handshake before jumping up and smashing their chests together. The gesture, having been done awkwardly with a table in between them, ended sloppily. The table shook from their impact and Michelle’s fork slipped off the platform which only infuriated her further.

“Actually, I’m afraid I have to agree with the girls on this one,” Jace suddenly spoke up. “I mean, sure, it might have been a bit tactless of Krislynn to do that, but technically, the whole thing would have never started if you didn't, you know..." Jace's words trailed off as a fresh blush rose to his cheeks. "...kiss her.”