Chapter 12

12. Love at First Sight

When Chase and Seth made their way inside the house, Krislynn and Michelle had already been somewhat acquainted. With her exotic mixture of Japanese, German, and Portuguese Michelle was definitely a sight to behold, but her chaotic personality had always bugged the crap out of Chase.

Michelle was as ruthless as a viper when she wanted something to go her way. Worst, her mood swings were crazier than any rollercoaster Chase had ever been on. One minute she was all sunshine and rainbows, and the next her Jimmy Choos were so far up his ass that he had absolutely no idea what hit him. He had only two words to describe her and they were crazy and bitch.

So,” she said in that usual snobby manner of hers. “I hear that you guys are dating.”

Chase inwardly groaned. Leave it to Michelle to be the most judgemental person in L.A. “Well actually,” he growled, throwing Krislynn a glare. “We’re–”

“Ewww...” Michelle whimpered as she gave Krislynn a look from head to toe. “Whatever do you see in him?!”

Krislynn rolled her eyes. “Right?” She snorted. “I’m only dating him as a favour!”

“What the hell is with this conversation?” Chase boomed. “What do you mean ‘whatever do you see in him?’ What don’t you see in me? I’m literally perfect! And you! Didn’t I just tell you not to go around calling yourself my girlfriend? I didn’t even agree to it!”

“Oh you’re such a nice girl,” Michelle bubbled before turning to smile at Chase. “I like her. She’s a keeper.”

“Well why don’t you keep her then,” Chase grunted. “Take her. She’s all yours!”

Seth sighed and shook his head at the both of them. “Moving on with the topic,” he muttered. “What’s your whole deal with LaCienega?”

“Yeah,” Michelle added before throwing Krislynn a glance. “Wait. Does she know?”

“Is that the girl you slept with?” Krislynn asked. “Lassie-what’s-her-face?”

Michelle and Seth gasped right away. “So you did sleep her,” Seth screamed in disbelief. “That’s Jace’s fiancée man! How could you?!”

“Yes!!!” Michelle shrieked as she danced around in a happy circle. “I knew it! I called it! And we’re totally having our wedding in Hawaii next year!”

“Damn it Chase! Not Hawaii!” Seth growled angrily as he pretended to rip out his blonde hair. “You let the whole team down!”

“What?” Chase said in confusion before the realization sank in. “You guys were placing bets on me?!”

“Well everyone could see you have the hots for LaCienega,” Michelle explained.