Chapter 36

For the cute collage banner!!!

36. Seeing Divas

“How did you sleep last night?” Krislynn muffled a yawn as she sat restlessly in Pete’s car. He had picked her up right at 10am like he had promised and the two of them were heading to the Paramount Studios where Chase was filming for the next few weeks.

“Not good,” she admitted. “I barely slept last night – too many things to think about.”

Pete stopped in front of a red light and turned to smile at her. “You don’t look exhausted,” he pointed out. “What were you thinking about?”

Krislynn shrugged it off before turning her head to face the window. It was true. Although she had tossed and turned all night thinking about working with Chase, dating Chase, kissing Chase, and many other forms of thinking that involved Chase, she had never felt so rejuvenated in the morning. It was as if she had fifteen hours of sleep when in reality, she probably had about two.

“Ahh... So it’s a big secret huh? Were you thinking about Chase all night?” Krislynn turned at the name and Pete smirked at her before focusing on the road again. “You know what? I’m not even going to pry this time.”

The rest of the drive to the studio managed to be nice and peaceful, but once through the main gate, Krislynn was ecstatic to get started. “Who’s the actor I’ll be helping out anyways?” She asked with jittery enthusiasm.

Pete tapped a finger to the tip of his chin as he parked the car in one of the parking lots and got out. “Have you heard of Andrea Parson? She’s not that famous of an actress since she’s only been in one big production, but she won an Oscar for Best Actress from that one movie she filmed. I think she guest starred in several popular T.V shows after that, but I’m not completely familiar with her history.”

“I’ve heard of her!” Krislynn’s eyes immediately lit up. Eagerness bubbled through her pores as she skipped after Pete from the parking lot to the main drag. “I don’t watch too much T.V or movies, but I’ve read about her in a magazine at the doctor’s office once. She models on occasion too, right? She’s really pretty.” A weird smile grew on Pete’s face and Krislynn narrowed her eyes at him in response. “What’s with that look?”

“Nothing,” Pete chirped. “Are excited to meet her then?”

Krislynn nodded fervently. “I’m really excited to work with someone that talented. I mean, that’s pretty amazing to win an Oscar for your first movie, isn’t it? And Best Actress!” Pete nodded sweetly at her. “Why doesn’t she film more movies though? I mean, it’s been a few years since she won the Oscar, hasn’t it?”

“Well, I think it’s pretty much a hobby for Andrea. I’ve been told she’s been taking all kinds of lessons ever since she was a kid.” Pete stopped and wrinkled his eyebrows, lost in a moment of thought. “I guess you could say she’s a brunette Paris Hilton, but with talent. She’s got money beyond your dreams. I don’t think she cares for any more.”

“So she’s pretty much a modern day princess. She’s pretty, rich, and talented.” Krislynn heaved a sigh. Her life couldn’t have been more different. “What a threat. Her ex-boyfriend must have jumped off a cliff when she dumped him.”