Chapter 18

For the lovely chapter cover she made me on the side & just for being awesome in general!

~*~*~

18. A Hickey’s Worth

Krislynn’s jaw dropped, but before she had a chance to even slap him, Michelle grabbed her clutch purse and smacked him in the back of the head with it. “Why don’t you take a piss on her as well?” She shouted as her eyes went wide with deliria. “God Chase! Where was your head during the last evolution? I’m almost impressed that you could think of something so primitive.”

“Okay! So maybe it wasn’t my brightest idea,” he admitted, rocking back on his chair so that it stood on its rear legs. “But I don’t see why you guys are freaking out! I mean, most girls would die to get a hickey from me.” His eyes glittered as he turned his attention back to Krislynn. “Wear that proud baby!”

Shaking her head back and forth in disbelief, Krislynn was just too stunned to speak. She had barely known him for a week, but already she felt like she had endured a lifetime of torture from him.

Was there one moment earlier in the evening where she had – for even a split fraction of a second – thought he was remotely close to being attractive? Well, good Lord! Scratch that!

Distracted by the sudden loud commotion on the other side of the table, Seth turned to see what all the uproar was about and immediately spotted the Godzilla sized hickey on Krislynn’s neck. He hollered a loud ‘whoa’ right away before bursting into laughter. “Holy cow,” he exclaimed. “Did you just give her that man? Damn bro! That thing is massive!”

At his comment Krislynn ruptured into heavy dry sobs. She couldn’t even imagine how ugly the hickey must be. She had always thought they were vile looking things and never understood how some girls purposely flaunted them around. So you made out with someone. Big deal! It’s still ugly!

“Gosh Seth! How could you be so insensitive?!”

He could only stare at Michelle idiotically as he forced a shrug. “Well what do you expect me to say?” He muttered dryly. “That it matches her purse?”

Scurrying to Krislynn’s side, Michelle threw the boys a glare before helping her out of her chair. “Come on sweetie. Let’s get you into a washroom. I’ll fix that thing in a jiffy so don’t you even pout over it.”

The girls hurriedly dashed to the restrooms and Michelle tried her best to conceal Chase’s love bite, but no matter how hard she tried, it wouldn’t completely disappear. “Sorry,” she mumbled after a while. “I think that’s the best I can do, but hey! At least it’s not that noticeable!”

Krislynn studied the oddly colored patch of skin on her neck and inwardly groaned. “It’s alright,” she said before diverging into a mass scale hate speech especially dedicated to Chase. “I can’t believe the nerve he has! Where in his right mind does he think he can just... claim me like that?!”

“You liked it,” Michelle teased as she swatted Krislynn’s arm playfully. “It’s all over your face.”