Chapter 8

8. Ex-Boyfriends & Almost Lovers

If Krislynn thought she had dropped the ultimate bomb and left Chase's ego at least handicapped for the next few years, she was wrong. The boy simply shrugged. "It's cold in here," he said. "Then there's the added element of you in front of me. You're such a turn-off, it shrunk."

"That's bullshit," she shouted, helpless to the smile that suddenly adorned her face. "There's no such thing. It can't shrink from its regular size... can it?!"

"Well in front of you it can," he muttered with mild interest. "Haven't you realized by now why every guy you've had are so incredibly small?"

Krislynn's mouth shot open to retaliate, but then brutal realization sank in and instead of a smartass retort, a scornful moan came out of her mouth. Could it be? Could it really be?

Chase chuckled gleefully as he watched her facial expression morph into a horror show. "Wow. I almost pity you," he laughed as he tugged her over to his suitcase. "Almost."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore," she said as she closed her eyes in attempt for Chase to have some privacy as he put on his pants. "Oh and by the way, how are you going to put a shirt back on? You can't exactly use the same method as when you took it off, now can you?"

Silence followed her question so that she became curious of what Chase was thinking. Hesitantly, she peeked at him by lifting one eyelid and found him standing like a statue with his pants on as he stared at the blue T-shirt he was holding up. "Fuck," he growled and with that one remark, he said everything she needed to know---he hadn't thought this part through.

"Well, you're in Mexico," she said optimistically. "Just buy a poncho."

"Poncho?" He screamed. "I don't wear ponchos! Poncho she says---to hell with that! I'd rather die than wear one!"

Krislynn rolled her eyes in annoyance. "You know for a guy, you sure act like a bitch."

"A bitch? Do you even know who I am?" He yelled. "I'm Chase Evans---highest paid movie director in all of world history! I'm regarded as a genius in Hollywood! I can't walk around wearing a poncho! What if people take pictures? My reputation would be ruined!"

"Chill out, you think way too highly of yourself. It's not like you're a supermodel or a movie star. You're just a director. I've never even heard of you!"

Chase's mouth dropped in a large 'O' and after that, he crawled silently into bed. The shock must have been too much for him to handle. Not only had she criticized him on his attractiveness and even the size of his manhood tonight, she had even stomped on his pride and joy---his art. It was like she was some kind of curse or black star or madwoman.

Settling beside him in bed, Krislynn suddenly felt a small tinge of regret as she turned on the T.V. Sure she had felt the intense need to put him in his place, but now that she did, he was silent and it was making her bored.

After a moment of watching a Mexican soap without understanding a thing being said, she decided to nudge him on the side. "Hey," she murmured. "Want to talk?"