Chapter 44

44. Meet Me In The Middle

Krislynn sucked in a deep breath and smiled to herself even alone in the dark. No matter how hard she tried to stop her thoughts and fall asleep, she couldn’t seem to shake the kiss she shared with Chase out of her head. The whole thing was just so... She squealed excitedly before muffling her voice with her pillow just at the recollection.

The whole thing was completely beyond her expectations was what it was. Maybe it was because he had a lot of practice, but she would ashamedly admit she’d kiss him all day if he’d only let her.

She squealed again remembering their kiss – reliving the awkward moment after they pulled apart when he pretended to be a gentleman and walked her all the way up to her room before wishing her a goodnight. What was she going to say to him the next time they meet? What was he going to say to her? Oh the suspense! Was it going to be awkward? Was it going to be...

Knock. Knock.

At the sound of knuckles gently rasping at her door, Krislynn frowned and sat upright on her bed, slightly peeved about the sudden intrusion into her girly fantasies. “Who is it?” She murmured.

“It’s me,” Chase snapped from outside her room. “There’re only two of us living inside this house right now. Who else could it be? Do you honestly think a burglar would knock?”

“If he had some manners he would.”

“If he had some manners, he wouldn’t be robbing you in the first place. Anyways. Since you’re awake, can I come in?”

Krislynn sighed before flipping on the light by her nightstand. As much as she wanted to see Chase – and she did – she would much rather be left in her wild daydreams for the night so she could catch her breath and miss him a bit, but apparently he didn’t feel the same, and since the only thing separating Chase from her was a couple of sturdy looking walls, she couldn’t exactly deny his intrusion either. “Come in,” she grumbled. “It’s unlocked.”

Without another word, Chase burst inside her room wearing nothing but a pair of tight briefs that shaped and showed... well... everything. Her eyes quickly made a beeline towards his crotch before she turned away and pulled her legs up against her body in a protective hug. “Wh- What are you doing here so late?” She asked. “Why are you dressed like that?”

He smirked, not a trace of shame on his face. “It’s the middle of the night and I came here looking like this. What do you think I came here for?” He purred, his voice all thick and smooth. “Obviously, I came for dessert.”

Her eyes quickly lifted to meet his before her jaw fell in disbelief. “But I won the second trivia question,” she shouted. “Remember? If I won then you wouldn’t... you wouldn’t do stuff with me.”

“I know. I remember.” He walked up to her bed and took a seat on the edge before he continued. “But then I was lying on my bed earlier, ready to sleep, and I couldn’t shake the thought out of my head. I mean, isn’t it a bit unfair?”