Chapter Seventeen: Sparkle

A/n: I hope you like this chapter! To old readers of mine, yes, I cut off this portion. 

The next day, Arima Kousei woke up with a stinging sensation coming from his chest that made him wince in pain

The next day, Arima Kousei woke up with a stinging sensation coming from his chest that made him wince in pain. Seto Hiroko was the only one inside his room at that time and so, she quickly went beside him to know what's wrong. "Kousei, what's wrong?"

Kousei's hot tears fell down from his eyes and told her, "My chest, I feel like I have a large wound on my chest and it hurts badly."

Hiroko Seto quickly held his hands and told him as he put back Kousei's glasses on his eyes while he was breathing deeply, "It will go away, okay? Don't worry, they'll give you some pain relievers later."

When he was fully awake, he realized that his whole chest and back was bandaged. He sighed in relief while he was looking over the white ceiling of the hospital room while he was currently lying down his bed. His chest stung a lot but it slowly became bearable. He was able to sit by himself and hanged his own legs as he wait for the nurse after Hiroko left. When the nurse finally arrived, the nurse quickly took his blood pressure and temperature. Both were normal.

He was given a pain reliever to help him from the stinging pain coming off from his chest and so, after that, the nurse asked him to open up his button shirt, for her to see whether it was already time to change the bandages. She looked up and sighed. She took off the bandages and found that his chest was itching and stinging as his chest wound dries slowly. The suture is still intact but the bandages will need to be changed in the afternoon.

"So, how is he?" Hiroko asked.

"He's going to be fine, ma'am. We'll keep monitoring him for this whole week so that when he gets home, he could rest soundly," she smiled at him and faced Kousei, "You were so brave, Kid."

Kousei smiled at the nurse as he close his shirt. After a few minutes, his doctor, Dr. Florence Aikawa entered his room just to find him sleeping, while only Hiroko was staying beside him.

"How's he doing?" she asked her.

Hiroko looked at the female doctor who's holding a clipboard and a stethoscope hanging from her neck. "He's doing fine."

"That's good news. Where are his parents?" she asked.

"They are on their way from here. Takahiko returned back home to tell his father his decision as one of the candidates to become a leader of the Arima Clan. It is also for the sake of Kousei, too," then he looked at Kousei's chest, "He winced in pain earlier due to the surgical incisions. Is it normal?"

Dr. Florence replied, "Yes. Tingling, itching, and numbness are normal sensations associated with surgical wounds. Don't worry, it will eventually disappear with proper treatment. The wound may have a lasting scar, though."

Hiroko nodded as Dr. Florence replaced the IV fluids with a new one. She then gave him some pain relievers again over his IV fluids to help reduce the pain that he was currently feeling. Kousei woke up while she was doing that, his eyes propped open gently, and he sat up to ask her, "How long will I be here?"

"You'll stay here until your birthday," she told him.

"Does that mean I will celebrate my own birthday here?" he asked her.

Dr. Florence smiled. "No. You'll go home in your birthday."

Those words made Kousei very happy. Suddenly, he twitched a bit after feeling a little pain coming off from his chest. "Why does my chest hurts a lot? I'm not having heart attack, again, right?" he asked her.

Dr. Florence asked him to open up his button shirt. He obeyed her and the cold feel of the pad of the stethoscope touched his bandaged chest. She listened to his heartbeats that time since the ECG was taken off from him and the only thing that stayed was an IV Tube. She assured Kousei, "Everything is fine. Your wounds will heal, don't worry about that."

...

That whole week while he was recovering after his surgery, he was visited by friends like Watari, Tsubaki and his two pianist rivals. Of course, Kaori was finally allowed to visit him.

In his birthday after a week, he found out that he's about to get discharged from the hospital already. His father sat down on his hospital bed and he finally told him, "Happy birthday. You're officially fifteen years old."

"Thank you, father," he told him. He was finally off from the needle of his IV tube. His father looked at him and it was so obvious that his son had lost a lot of weight.

"I told my father that I will take the responsibility as an heir, formally. I will replace father if I get elected as a Senator," he asked him. "You know that I'm a businessman and a politician. Is it really okay that I do this? I want to take care of you."

Kousei smiled happily. "I want you to fulfill your dreams, dad."

Arima Takahiko teared up and hugged his son. After that, Kaori joined them and told them that their car that will take them home has finally arrived in the hospital.

Before they leave, while they were in the ground floor of the hospital, Dr. Florence reminded them that Kousei's not allowed to carry heavy objects. He would need to have some light towel over his chest if he'll have his seatbelt on and he would need to rest every hour if their journey would be longer than expected to make sure that Kousei receives the right blood circulation he needed. His bath shouldn't be too hot nor cold, too.

Takahiko thanked the doctors who took care of Kousei while he is hospitalized.

Currently, Hikari was anticipating them to get home that day back in the Arima Mansion.

Kousei looked at the busy street before getting in the car. He smiled happily as he finally see the world from outside the hospital for so many days that he was in the hospital. He is so happy that he is finally going back home.

"Kousei?" called out Kaori. She is currently wearing a shiny, black dress. A black dress that seems to say that despite the darkness, the light will always be there.

His eyes sparkled in happiness. He hugged her with tears flowing down his eyes. "I'm finally going home."

"Yes, you are Kousei. You survived," she cried in happiness.

A/n: Don't forget to vote and comment, okay? Thank you