Chapter Thirty: In the Arms of An Angel

A/n: I'm sorry... Really... I'm sorry for this chapter. Vote and comment, okay?

...

Third POV:

Arima Kousei woke up inside his room. It was already one week after he got out of the hospital. He was given a hospital leave as they are waiting for the new heart to arrive in the hospital. He looked around and smiled. He's not in the hospital but still, he's put in a nasal cannula in his bedroom and given IV drips at night. He knows that that his heart is frail and the oxygen tank helps him breathe but still, seeing the tank beside his bed depresses him. After all, it reminds him that he's not well.

Even through stones and thorns, he's happy that his girlfriend, Miyazono Kaori still supports him and loves him. He loves her so much, too. He could also feel that Kaori is afraid of what could happen to him anytime soon when he takes his surgery and so, just like what Kaori did before, he wrote a letter of goodbye. He cried for a while as he is writing it. If he survives, he'll just scrap it but if he doesn't, it will be his last words to all the people whom he loves and so, he took the words carefully. He doesn't want to die but death is an inevitable end and he doesn't have the power to reject it. He knows it well since he had been walking through a thin line everyday.

He heard a knock and when it was opened, he saw his bodyguard and his personal nurse with a wheelchair beside them. The wheelchair does have an oxygen tank holder. Today is his graduation and his doctor allowed him to attend it. His private nurse helped him get ready for his graduation and when everything is set, she helped him walk and sit on his wheelchair. After he had sat, they began pushing it until they reach the living room where Kaori and his family are waiting for him. Mitsuo smiled and told his brother, "You're finally graduating high school, Kousei!"

Kousei smiled at them happily and that smile brightened everyone who's worried for him. They all felt that their dark world suddenly had color when he smiled at them. They all smiled back at them and to make the atmosphere brighter, Kousei assured them, "I will persevere, father. I don't want to hurt all of you. I'll do my best to survive."

Tears of joy came out of all their eyes when they heard him say that. Kaori held Kousei's right hand and thanked him. "I love you. I love you, Kousei!"

Kaori kissed him in the forehead. "Your fight isn't just your fight. It's everyone's fight. We're all here. Everyone who loves you will all be beside you, so... don't you give up on us!"

...

When he arrived in the graduation hall where the ceremony is being held, there were a lot of people who were surprised in the condition he is in. They never knew how serious his sickness is. Even so, all of them honors everything he had accomplished. Aiza Takeshi and Emi Igawa quickly went beside him before the ceremony begins.

"Is it alright for you to get out of the hospital?" Takeshi asked him.

Kousei just smiled at his question and answered him weakly, "I'm fine. My doctor allowed me to rest at home. They're preparing me to receive the new heart, after all."

Even he really seemed fine, they are all still so worried for him. When the ceremony finally began, Kousei really felt happy but a bit sad, too. Kaori's beside him and when his name was called for him to receive his diploma, she pushed his wheelchair near their principal and they received their diplomas at the same time. When he finally received his diploma, all of the people inside the hall stood up and clapped for him. Tears fell down his eyes and he told Kaori, "Please don't forget me, Kaori. Please remember this one day that I am with you."

Kaori assured him, "Kousei, I won't forget you. I promise."

...

After every students got their diplomas, Kousei was called to play his last piece for Okutsu Music School. He played 'The Days That'll Never Come' by Yiruma. He put all of his feelings playing the music he's bound to make since he was a child. It's an inborn talent that his mother nurtured and the talent that his girlfriend returned to him.

His style changed a lot more when his father allowed him to study in Okutsu Music School. He's depressed but he was able to show the audience that he will persevere in all the challenges that he is currently in. His future is still unknown. Just like what everyone knows about him, he truly plays the music majestically as if the musical notes were letters speaking to them.

Kaori began to cry as she watch Kousei play the piano for the first time after he got out of the hospital. She had never seen him practice that track and so, she knows that what's moving him now is just his entire spirit.

"Kousei...," cried Miyazono Kaori.

When he had already finished his piece, everyone was in silence. They were all in awe of his talent. Mitsuo was also crying and when he noticed that no one seemed to clap, he stood up and started it until everyone applauded him. Kousei looked around the audience and found Watari Ryota and Tsubaki Sawabe with his parents in the audience. He felt happy after doing that and since he really looked tired, he knows that his father would make him go home already.

It is understandable, anyway. Due to his deteriorating health condition, his father could only allow him to be out of his room that far. An ambulance quickly came to fetch him after he had done his part in the graduation ceremony. Kaori came with him inside the ambulance. His eyes were closed when he was taken in the ambulance. He opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Kaori, "How's my performance today, Kaori?"

Kaori smiled at him to make him happy, "Your performance is always great, Kousei!"

His eyes closed once again after she said that to him. When the rescuers have all entered the ambulance already, the door closed and brought him back in the hospital where he was quickly rushed back inside the ICU. Kaori wasn't allowed to enter as the doctors and other medical personnel began to work and do the appropriate measures he needed at that certain time.

A heart monitor is once again beside his bed and the nurses put him into strong medicines that allowed him to sleep peacefully. Most of all, he's given a new oxygen tank inside the ICU. They have also began measuring his heart beats and blood pressure.

When all the procedures were done, they all left the room except for Doctor Haruo who faced Miyazono Kaori alone.

Before he spoke up, he noticed that his parents and Mitsuo had just arrived. Seto Hiroko arrived, too.

He inhaled and exhaled for a while until he finally told them, "The heart will come tomorrow. The congenital heart surgeons will quickly operate on him as soon as you give the go but just like what I told you before, this operation is very dangerous. Would you still want him to receive a heart transplant?"

They all looked at each other.

Senator Takahiko just told him, "Only Kousei would be able to answer your question. For now, we want him to live. We all know that there's no sure result of what could happen in the operation. My son knows that he could die on that table and he dreads it. He hates being operated on."

Doctor Haruo understood and bowed at them. All of them held on each other. Kousei's life is hanging in a very thin line and they all wish that when he receives the new heart, it will prolong his life.

...

A/n: Vote and comment!!!