Chapter Sixteen: Burning Fire

A/N: Thank you for liking my fanfic!!! Don't forget to comment and vote, okay? If you know Your Guardian Angel, I hope you listen to it. It's Takahiko's song for Kousei.

....

Third POV:

Kousei opened his eyes. He looked around his hospital room filled with the smell of disinfectant.

"Good morning, Kousei," he heard his father spoke up.

He was quickly helped by Seto Hiroko who visited him to sit on his hospital bed. "How are you?"

He smiled with a bit of pain since the tube of his IV was suddenly mixed with blood. Hiroko became aware of it and so, she quickly asked his father to get a nurse to do something with it. Kousei sat uncomfortably in his hospital bed, annoyed that the people around him were so worried for him. He was so down that he wanted to blame himself for making them worry.

Takahiko looked at his own son and so, he rushed outside after seeing the blood flowing down his IV tube which was making Kousei's right arm, painful. After a while, he returned with a resident nurse, holding a clipboard in her right hand. She quickly did her job after Takahiko explained what was wrong with his son. After a few minutes, the blood flow quickly went back to normal. 

She jotted some things on the clipboard after she asked some important things like bowel movement and other some important things. After that, she quickly told them, "Doctor Aikawa told me to inform you that the patient, Arima Kousei will have his surgery this night. She wishes that Kousei will be mentally stable and ready later." 

She bowed at them and left afterwards.

Arima Kousei closed his eyes and opened it. Upon hearing that he'll be in the mercy on a table where there were only strangers, he became really nervous and afraid but Hiroko and Takahiko assured him that he will be fine even though both of them were more scared.

Hikari went back in the hospital from her house after a few hours.

Since Kousei was given strong medicines for his heart, he's deeply asleep. What he do not know was that, the night after his heart gave him pain, Hikari and Takahiko finally married each other by registering their names as a couple already with only Hiroko and her husband as witnesses. 

"How is he?" she asked Seto Hiroko.

"Nervous," Hiroko replied. 

...

That night, Seto Hiroko, Arima Takahiko, and Furukawa Hikari, the three people who were taking care of Kousei were shocked when he refused to have his surgery that night. Painful tears were falling down his eyes as he told them, "NO!!! I don't want to!!!"

The surgeon in charge and his doctor tried to convince him that he needed the surgery for him to live longer but Kousei was just so afraid and emotional at that time that made them convinced that they have to wait until he calms down and is ready to take it. After the doctors left his room, his father stared at him, surprised and confounded why Kousei refused.

"You have to be brave, son. You have to get it!!!" Takahiko cried. 

"But dad—! What if I don't wake up anymore? I'm afraid I'll die on that table. I don't want to die," cried Kousei.

Seto Hiroko hugged him. "Kousei, you have to trust your father. You won't die, yet."

Hikari held on Kousei's hand. "Won't I get cured by just taking medicine like before?"

Hikari knelt in front of him. "If you still want to live, then take this opportunity. You need your surgery. You've done it before already. They won't hurt you. They will help you live longer, okay?"