Chapter Twenty- Two: Before the Storm

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks for the support!

Kousei POV:

My eyes opened the next day and I was surprised to find Kaori sleeping next to me. I hugged her and kissed her forehead but when I looked at her closely, I noticed that she was crying. I sat worriedly and I thought of why she had traces of tears on her face. I touched her wet cheeks and that action seemed to wake her up, luckily, she just continued to sleep. I flinched a bit and so, I decided to get out of my bed so that she can continue sleeping. After a few minutes, I went outside my room and took a bath that early morning since we will still have to go to school. After I was finished taking a bath, Kaori had already left my room. I wore our uniform and organized my bag. Today is the day that we will be graded for our team work, anyway. 

I saw that Kaori was already finished preparing herself, too when I was already finished preparing myself for school. She's carrying her violin at her right hand and she was smiling at me. Her lips were as red as cherry and her eyes glitters. She's really the light of my dark life. "Are you excited?" she asked me.

"Of course. This will be our second time to play together once again after all the things that have happened to the two of us," I told her.

Both of us walked outside our room and entered the hall in which I consider our private hall in the mansion and outside the right wing, I found Hinatsuki Rina waiting for us at the end of the staircase of the right wing's ground floor. She's wearing a blue nurse uniform and she was looking at us. Her uniform literally scared me a bit. She doesn't have a hair dress and a mask on but still, her uniform reminded me of the terrifying times which I hate. I hate remembering the times I know that I am inside the OR with people wearing blue uniforms. 

Kaori anxiously stared at me and I chuckled painfully, "I'm fine, Kaori."

She seemed not to believe me since she might have noticed that I forced my laugh but she just let go of it and helped me to go to our dining room, for me and my family to have our morning breakfast. The breakfast in the mansion of my grandfather is just the same as we do in my old home in which I'm glad with. The meal is simple and not that elegant like what I actually imagine at first when I arrived here. Due to that, I am happily but slowly, getting used to the life which mom hid from me. Kaori silently ate her soup beside me. 

My father, now a senator, stared at me and asked me, "Today's the performance day. Do you want me to watch you?"

"If you go, my teachers would definitely feel more pressured if you watch us. Also, the senate needs you today, am I right, dad?" I replied cordially to him.

My grandfather chuckled after he drank his red wine and told my father, "Your son seems to know better than you! Your son does have a point. Let him play his music without that much pressure on his audience. Your schedule's tight today, right?"

My father sighed and told us, "Do your best! I know you can!"

I stood up from my seat after finishing my meal. I nodded and bowed at him. "Yes, father. I will."