Chapter Fifteen: Aligning Hearts

A/N: Thank you to all my loyal readers. I am so happy that people actually read this fanfiction of mine where I reversed Kousei and Kaori's roles!

....

Third Person POV:

Kousei was sleeping deeply back on his hospital bed in Room 432 in Tokyo Heart Center. Like always, there were piercing needles connected to him, most especially, an IV bag and the clip of the heart monitor were attached on him, again. His father looked at him worriedly since the surgery that he should have had at that time when he had a fever was cancelled. He was given medicines and vitamins that day to keep his body working for him while he's waiting for the surgery to take place.

When he woke up, he wondered how he got in his room. He's currently so pale and luckily, his heart stopped aching. His father sighed so deeply and painfully beside his bed. His tears fell down once again. Hikari held on him and looked at him straight in the eye but still, Takahiko's still sad. "If only I could take all the pain and bring it them to me, I'll be happy. It really is hard to look at him, hurting like this!"

His future wife hugged him and finally, Kousei's eyes opened. He was a bit confused on what had happened to him. The two adults quickly went beside him.

"You've woken up," Hikari told him. "We were so worried."

He rubbed his eyes. "What happened to me?"

"You were very much tired yesterday and you had a bit of heat. They gave you medicines for your fever last night. Are you okay now?" Hikari asked him.

His father helped him sit up and he forced himself to smile. "Yes, I am fine, Hikari-san."

At that moment, Takahiko calmed down. "Come with me outside. There's something you should hear about."

Hikari was shocked by what she heard him say and so, she just followed Takahiko outside Kousei's room. They both left Kousei alone for a while in his room. When they were finally outside the room, leaving a dumbfounded Kousei, Takahiko's tears fell down more bitterly. Hikari couldn't believe what she was seeing and experiencing currently. Kousei wasn't her true son. She doesn't know how painful it was to have a sick child so, she knows that she has to stand up for them to become their strength.

Her tears fell down, too and so, Takahiko dried his tears. "I can't have an elegant wedding with you. I want to marry you... for my son... for my father and for myself. Is it okay that we...???"

He stopped talking when Hikari smiled at him beautifully behind her tears. "I'm fine with that, Takahiko-san. It's okay that we think of ourselves later. It's okay that we can only register our names for a while. We can have the wedding after his surgery."

At that moment, a young man clapped loudly. "What a sweet moment, brother."

Takahiko looked up and he saw his brother in front of him. Matthew does have brown eyes and brown skin. "Why? You look shocked to see me, brother."

Takahiko held Hikari's right hand tighter. "Get inside for now. I have to talk to my brother."

Hikari looked at him worriedly but Takahiko assured her that everything will be okay. She followed him and finally, he stared back at his brother. Both men decided to go at the hospital canteen where they talked privately.

Matthew looked at him annoyingly. "I heard that you refused Father to replace him."

"I can't leave my son's side," he told him. "He needs me to be there for him."

"Brother...!!!" he tried to argue with him but Takahiko's eyes are on fire that astounded him so much and so, he stopped talking.

"Who would you want to replace father? There are a lot of heirs in the Arima Clan wanting to get that position!" he shouted. "Father wants you."

"Are you here because Father told you to come here?" he asked him calmly but, Matthew could feel his brother's strong aura, burning intensely.

He stood up from his seat and he finally revealed to him his feelings towards him. "I came here asking why you refused. You were using your son to pass through the responsibility you wanted so much and it annoys me that you blatantly refused it!!! You are, for me... the true heir. I don't want our cousins to replace father as the Arima Clan's head!!!"

At that moment, Matthew felt Takahiko's depressed mood.

"Stop acting like a kid, brother. Think of your decision more deeply. What would Kousei feel if he learns that you were refusing the position you wanted so much?" Matthew asked that when he saw a shadow of a young boy who seemed to eavesdrop to their conversation.

The boy left the place as if he's in a rush after he felt that he was seen. He turned his back and left his brother at the table where they are. Takahiko doesn't know what to do and so, he just followed him. He stopped him by holding on at his right shoulder that made Matthew stop walking.

"You can replace me, Matthew," he told him.

Matthew faced his brother. "I have lived longer in the United States, brother. I know nothing about the politics here in Japan. You know them and you are hiding Kousei. You left your wife to take care of him alone in the province even if you know that she was dying! Saki never blamed you for working for your dream. She worked on very hard and raised your kid but what are you doing now? You are throwing everything you've worked on!"

Takahiko stood in the middle of the empty canteen, confused. When he finally returned back in Kousei's room, he saw his son gripping on the railings of his bed and at his chest painfully.

"Are you alright, son?"

Kousei looked at his father and told him as if in a whisper, "Dad."

He really looked tired and sweaty. There were traces of tears falling down from his eyes. It wasn't just his physical heart that was hurting but he is very much hurt inside. When Takahiko looked at his son more closely, he noticed that the clip of the heart monitor isn't on his son's finger. He also noticed that when Hikari returned inside, her worries died down.

"What happened here, Hikari?"

She wanted to answer but Kousei answered him instead, "I followed you, father! I forced myself out! Hikari-san tried to stop me but I didn't obey her! How can you---- How can you refuse your dream because of me? Am I a barrier to your dreams, dad?"

Tears engulfed Kousei. He gripped his chest tighter since his heart was aching painfully once again. Hikari immediately called out his private nurse and doctor while they could both see that he is in so much pain.

When his doctor and his nurse arrived, they calmly did their duties to help Kousei to relieve his pain and so, they quickly gave him aspirin to relieve the pain in his chest. While his doctor was checking up on him, she noticed that Kousei took off the clip of the heart monitor on his hand. She put it back to him after that.

"That will help him for a while," she told them while Kousei go back to sleep. "The surgery will be done tomorrow."

Hikari and Takahiko sighed in relief but they were surprised by what Kousei's doctor told them, "The large VSD might have been closed temporarily to help him arrive here. It was only an emergency closing surgery. Don't forget that he's still weak. Strong emotions are not good for him. As you can see, the hole in the middle of his heart is huge. The doctors in Totsuhara Hospital were only able to put first aid for it when it almost took his life. Don't put pressure on the patient, please."

After the doctor left Kousei's room, Hikari sat beside Kousei with whom she accepted as her son.

"I shouldn't have told him about what happened outside...," she cried as she blame herself to what occured to Kousei.

Takahiko hugged her. "It's my fault, Hikari, not yours."

....

A/N: I hope you like this new chapter of mine!!! And oh, I edited the last chapter to make the diagnosis closer to real life. Don't forget to vote and comment, okay?