Chapter Ten: New Life

A/N: Anyone knows One Liter of Tears? It's actually one of those stories that I actually fell for and why it's a big challenge for me to actually make medical dramas.

Arima Kousei POV:

Three days after I woke up from my deep sleep, my dad returned from his work to pick me up in my room in the hospital. I had noticed that Hikari-san began acting like a real mom to me. She'll always go beside me and ask me anything.

She's even the one who packed my things. All of the tubes had been removed from me now except for the IV drips. The doctors were waiting for it to empty before I go.

I feel dizzy but not so much. It had also been days that I haven't touched my piano and I want to go back home to use it.

"Are you really fine, now, Kousei?" Hikari asked me when she noticed me breathe deep.

I stared at her and nodded. "Yes, I think so."

The IV emptied in the afternoon and a nurse quickly took it down. Finally, there are no strange tubes connected on my body. "Let's go?"

"Before we get out of the hospital room, Dr. Shiba wants to see us. We'll go to his room before we go," Dad said.

"Alright." Why do we have to go there before leaving?

All three of us went out of my room and when I actually looked around the hospital, I saw a young boy smiling at me. He has a beanie on his head.

Then, his black-haired, young mother came to pick him up.

We stopped walking.

Hikari and my dad talked to her as if they've known each other for so long.

"How's your child, Andrea-san?" asked Hikari.

"He's responding to chemo. We really wanted to get him home but the doctors said that he still need to stay here," she told them. "What about him? He had been in ICU, right?"

"He's doing great. He'll slowly get better upon when we get home," dad answered her.

She smiled at me. "Hi. I'm Andrea Santos. I'm Filipino. I've heard you play the piano?" She held out her hand for me to shake it

I was taken aback from her gestures but I gave her my hand and we had our handshake. "Hai, I play the piano. I'm Arima Kousei."

She smiled. "It seems this might be the last time we'll see each other. My son's gonna get sad that you're not around anymore, Hikari-san."

She snickered and told her, "No. If he wants me to visit, I'll visit."

Then, she left and waved her hand while she's saying goodbye.

"Sayonara!"

We reached Dr. Shiba's room after a while. We entered the room and he welcomed us with a smile.

"How are you feeling now, Kousei?" he asked me as we sit down near his table.

"I'm fine...," I answered him.

"He got accepted in Okutsu College of Music Affiliated High School. Will it be okay for him to study there?" Dad asked him.

Right. I got it. This is the reason why we're here first. Dad's over thinking things. I'm fine now. I want to be in Okutsu no matter what!

He clapped his hands together. "Furukawa Hikari have informed me about it days ago that is why we let him recover here for almost two weeks. He needed enough strength for the long journey, right?"

Hikari smiled and I almost teared up. I'm glad that Hikari's with us.

"You're allowing him?" Dad asked.

"Yes."

This is how my new life begins.

A/N: I know! Short chap! :-)