Flashback: Before We Met

A/n: I know everyone of you wanted the alternate ending already but I want to make a story that focuses Kaori's perspectives more on how they finally met and before the episode one of our beloved Your Lie in April since it is obvious that the story is mostly Kousei's perspectives! I hope you like it!
...

Miyazono Kaori POV:

I looked up at the sky...

The sky is blue once again...

I sigh in relief and I looked at the violin beside my bed.

Ever since I fell in-love with Arima Kousei's music when I was five years old, he had always been in my dreams. I ditched piano and dreamed on playing the violin and him as my accompanist.

I know him a lot and I always liked how he plays his piano but I fell bad for him when I watched him cry so hard in front of the black piano in a competition. Everyone was waiting for him but he just walked straight and sat on it. He did try playing his piece until he stopped. All of a sudden, he stopped and everyone began to look at him worriedly. Some people were grinning badly and happily. He's the front runner and everyone expects him to win again but he just stopped playing the piano. I want to go to him and hug him hard when he began covering his ears and began crying.

Tears fell in my eyes, too.

I got home feeling so sad after seeing him in that condition. When I was a kid, I went through a surgery and I collapsed again...

When I woke up, I could smell antiseptic and some disinfectant. I'm in the hospital and there's a needle on my hand. My mom quickly went beside me at that time and looked at me. Luckily, she smiled at me. It calmed me down that I'll be fine . Even so, I knew that day that my condition is worsening.

Life is so short. I have to live life like we're dying, right? From that moment onward, I started running forward and that was the time I decided not to think about the time and I just need to be who I am.

I told my parents about what happened to Kousei in the competition and they both nodded. They speculated that the reason why he suddenly stopped playing was that the sudden death of his mother could have influenced him badly since he may had been hiding his sadness for so long and it was at that time that he cannot contain his bottled feelings already. He just erupted.

I looked at myself. I stood up from my bed and looked at myself. I want to know what happened to him after that but I have never heard anything about him until I heard rumors that Arima Kousei couldn't hear notes already when I was invited to play in Towa Hall as a guest violinist.

I sighed...

Will I be able to meet him?

"Kaori!!! Wake up! You have school!" called out my mom to me.

"Yes, mom!" I replied to her with a smile.

...

Today is my first day as a junior high school student and I have my glasses on. I have my violin and my bag with me. I wonder what kind of life I will have here...

As I was looking around, I was surprised to see a glimpse of Arima Kousei at the third floor while he was eating egg sandwiches. I blushed so hard... Should I buy egg sandwiches? He's the same age as me, right? I shook my head. He might get shocked when I do that.

I decided to pass around and walk. I passed in front of him but he didn't seem to see me. I stared at him again but he seemed different from the Arima Kousei I know. He's just different. Did he really seriously stopped playing the piano?

People may say I seemed like a stalker but I always observed him. I actually felt jealous when he always spends his time with a female friend of his. I soon learned that her name is Tsubaki Sawabe. She actually seemed oblivious that she doesn't know her own feelings for Arima Kousei.

How do I know? She always talks about him and she always blushed whenever our classmates tease her that she and Kousei were like a couple. I felt jealous but I have no right to feel jealous. He doesn't even know me! Well, I wonder how I will be able to get close to him?

Before the end of my first year, I wasn't able to actually get to know him or even become friends with him. I fell sick all over again and I was confined in the hospital for a long time. When I got out, I spent a lot more days at school to finish my requirements to be able to become a sophomore. I was lucky enough not to repeat a grade.

In my sophomore year, I finally got to know the name of his male friend and learned that his name is Watari Ryota. He's the complete opposite of Arima Kousei. Girls flock at him and gape at him as he really looks cool and handsome but I want Arima Kousei. I can't just say to Tsubaki to introduce me to Kousei, right? It's obvious that she likes him! She may even make me go away and tell me to leave him alone as he had a lot of wounds to heal.

How will I do it if there seemed no space for me?

I want to be the one to heal those wounds for him...

Days...

Weeks...

Months...

One school year passed by again...

I wasn't able to get in touch with him until the right time finally came...

I decided to get in a competition and show him who I am! I want to show him how cool a musician I am and I will force him back on stage! He belongs there and he should return to it. I could feel it inside me. He couldn't leave music even he's scared of it. I hope I'll be able to...

"Tsubaki!" I decided to talk to her in our third week at school as third year junior high school students. "Can you introduce me to Watari?"

Her brown eyes looked at me. She stared at me and I think she looked at me from head to toe. She knows me but we never had talked to each other. This is definitely our first time to talk.

"Why?" she asked.

"I like him," I blushed. It's a lie. I just became an official liar. Stupid! Stupid! Will she even believe me? Finally, I revealed to her that I am a violinist and I am a contender in a competition in Towa Hall and I want to invite them to see me play. I had always played my violin alone at home and at our music class but they never seen me play in competitions yet.

She looked at me and I saw her eyes so excited for me. "I would! He'd like you!"

That's when I finally told her, "Can you also invite Kousei? He might want to go with you."

She also nodded and told me, "I guess he'll be afraid to go. He had always tried to get away with being a musician but he always still go inside the music room and transcribe notes. I guess we could help him recover, right?"

I nodded. She's right. There's no other means but to let him see me. I guess, she also found my existence as a way to help him. I want to help him and I'll do my best to get him back on stage. He may return for the worst but I could feel that by meeting him before I play in the competition, his monotone world will go colorful once again...

...

A/n: I'll do a Flashback #2 before the Alternate Ending. I'll stop here for now since I need to re-watch the first episode. I hope you like it!!!

...