Chapter 43

("You can see me.......?"  -Niall Horan)

Ari's point of view:

"That will come to....$13.99 sir." I mutter putting the grocery items in the plastic bag. I take his credit card and swipe it through the machine. "Sir this credit card of yours is invalid...do you have cash?" He looks at me and laughs. 

"Uh..no..can I uh...maybe have your number...your gorgeous....haha...sorry." I get a better look at him and notice he seems to be about my age, maybe a bit older. His brown hair is short and his brown eyes are absolutely gorgeous. 

"Oh well..thanks....uh.......sure but first....I-I need to put it back sir. I'm sorry." I shift my gaze to his lower area and notice a large bulge in his pants. He looks up at me and winks. He then grabbed my hand and placed it down there. Taking his hand and pulling me over the counter as his eyes scanned down my shirt. I couldnt move. It all happend so fast, I was..frozen. Once I came back to reality I snapped. I slap him across the face with the item scanner. It makes an imprint on the side of his face. "Ughh your disgusting"  I say shoving the unpaid for items in front of him. He grabs them and starts running  towards the back of the store. I can see that my manager saw the enitre scene. Her eyes were wide and glossy.

Is that all teenage guys want?!?!? To get in girls pants. That's sick...I mean....waiting tell marriage! Duh, nasty. Why would you frickle frackle with someone you don't even truly love. I mean its called "making love" right? Losing your virginity at a young age sucks. You want to tell your friends but you don't want them to think your a slut....even though you already feel like a huge one. When they say "Oh he took my virginity, no biggie." When in reality it is. You lose a huge piece of yourself to some random boy you met in the mall yesterday. It sucks. Some people congratulate you....why should they though? When you lose it..it's gone. And sadly you can never get it back. 

This happened to one of my close friends. She lost her v-card when she was 14 to some guy she had been dating for a couple weeks. She felt awful. Disgusted in herself. He told her that if she didnt have sex with him..he would dump her and make her life a living hell. So she did and now she cant look at herself without feeling like a whore inside. I tried to tell her that she's not a whore, and its honestly not a big deal.

But then I would be lying. It is a big deal. 

I keep ranting inside my head before my manager runs up to me. "What the heck do you think your doing?!?!? Scanning a costumers face is not okay!!!" She yells at me while waving her somewhat chubby arms all over the pace. 

"Grace..I...he was a pervert. He grabbed my hand and placed it on his..yeah! THEN he pulled me over the counter and looked down my shirt!" I defend myself. I am not going to let some guy sexually harass me even if it does cost me my job. He was absolutly disgusting. 

"Ari..you still cant hit a customer. No matter what he said." Did she not just hear me say that he touched me?!?!? 

"GRACE!!! HE WAS SEXUALLY HARASSING ME!!!!!!" I shout at the top of my lungs. God i'm pissed.

"Ari..I think you need to go home and calm down." She says while not even looking me in the eye. Are you fricken kidding me?!?!?! "Ari please stop yelling, go home." 

I grab my bag and walk to the doors. I flip one finger in the air and make my way through the parking lot.

I pull out my phone and dial Maddy's number. After about 3 rings she picks up.

"Yeah?" She says with a bit of annoyance. She sounds groggy.

"Were you asleep?" I say grabbing a strip of gum outta my pocket. I stick it in my mouth and walkover to the bus stop when I see a little girl crying with her face in her hands. "Hey I'll call you back okay?" I say gripping onto my sleeve. It's freezing out. 

"You called me! Why are you-"

I hung up the phone and go up to the little girl. She has to be about six or seven for the look of her size and face. Her blonde curly hair reminds me of a doll I used to carry around as a child. Her name was Lucy. I took Lucy everywhere with me. On my ninth birthday my parents took her away from me because I was getting "to old" to be carrying around a little doll with me. 

"Hey sweetie, are you okay?" She turns around and a look of sudden shock spreads across her face. She gets up and I notice she has what looks like a faded black tattoo on her neck. Her eyes are tired and red. "Do you want me to call your mom?" 

"Mummy is dead ma'am" The girl looks around cautiously before getting up and coming closer to me.  Her words are horrifying coming from such a young child. Her accent is foreign  and her skin color is slightly darker than Lucy's was. 

"Mummy is dead ma'am" she states once again. This time in more of a warning manner. I notice her reaching into her coat pocket and I get this feeling that I should get out of here. I grab my cellphone but in one swift move the girl whips out a syringe and plunges it into my wrist. I scream and grab her neck and push her to the ground. "What the f***?!?!?!?!" I scream ripping the needle out of my skin. Blood trickles down my forearm and I cry a little because it stings really bad. I make my way into a full sprint down the road until a black car pulls up and blocks my way. My head slams against the hood causing me to fall to the pavement. Three men get out of the car and rush over to me. They lift me up and I try to move but my body is motionless. 

I turn my head and see the little girl walking up to me. "Mummy is dead ma'am" She says before smacking me across the face with her small delicate hands. 

The men laugh and shove me into the trunk of the car. I feel the car moving and my body jolts from the sudden thrust of the vehicle. My phone rings and I look and see that it's Niall calling me.  I answer quickly and scream into the phone. The car stops and I slide the phone down into my back pocket. The trunk opens and I see one of the men raise their hand before hitting my in the nose. 

"Ari?!?!?? ARI?!?!?!?!" I try to silence my phone but it's no use. They flip me over and rip it out from underneath me.

"Hello sir, this is a large misunderstanding.  No one is at harm. Goodbye now." He smashes my phone on the ground and slams the truck closed.

Dammit.