Chapter 45

(Hey guys, so I hope you all enjoyed my latest update earlier this morning. I wrote it during my lunch hour so sorry if it's a bit sloppy. lmao. How are you guys? Message me your comments and rates and I will be sure to mention you in a shout out! Love you all so much!)

Kristin's POV.

So I get this panicked call from Harry saying Maddy left him and hasn't come home in 3 hours and he is starting to worry. I try to calm him down but all he can manage to do is breathe heavily into the phone and cry his eyes out over the line. Knowing Maddy, she just needs to let off some steam and take a break for a bit. She didn't leave him for good. I mean, come on..it's Harry Styles were talking about here.

"She said she hated me Kris..she meant it too." His words are empty with little emotion to his tone. He sounds as if a loved one has died, and he found the body. 

"Harry..she didn't mean it. She loves you more than anything! She just needs sometime to get away from all the stress and relax a bit that's all! I promise you, it'll be okay. Beside's, you could use the alone time too!" 

"I guess...i'm just really worried about her. What if she got in a car accident or something? She could be dead on the street for all I know!" His voice cracks and I hear him sobbing hard into the phone. 

"Harry-don't say that! She is not.....you know. She is fine Haz. Just take some deep breaths and go watch Family Guy or something." I pick up a dust cloth under my kitchen counter and wipe down the table as he cries softly through the phone. "I should really go Harry. I am having some guests over later and the place is a mess! Call me if you need anything okay?" I hear him mumble an alright and with that I hang up and set the phone on the counter.

It's been nearly a month since I moved into the flat here and not once have I had company over. Unless you count the oafs my boyfriend hired to *protect me* coming over, I have been fairly lonely. 

I started working at a local tea shop by the boardwalk called "Molly and Dessie's Tea Emporium" It's rather small and old but, it has these old antique beautiful plates on the walls along side floral tea cups and hand painted china. I guess they must be known for their homemade orange blossom herbal tea because I think I have sold at least 17 tins of it in the last week or so. I personally would go for a natural black mint tea with a hint of lavender rose in it, but orange blossom is good too. 

Anyway, I work with a girl named Leena and tonight I invited her over to long board until I heard it's supposed to rain. So now I think we'll just sit in and chat for awhile. 

Leena is my same a year younger than me and is drop dead gorgeous. She has blond hair with highlights and her blue eyes are like the ocean, deep and mysterious. She lives alone is a tiny apartment three blocks from mine and she is always telling me how she wishes she could afford such a flat. I have yet to tell her I don't pay a single penny on the bill but it keeps slipping my mind. I don't want her to know about my past so I basically told her a whole different story.

What she know's is I am a eighteen year old girl who grew up in Madison WI with no siblings and loving yet involuntarily invading personal space parents who were never around during my childhood because of their extreme obsession with working over time and going out to eat with their know it all co-workers and bosses. I moved here a month ago and I work at the tea shop to pay my so called rent. I am into skateboarding, yoga, agricultural science, and cats. So yeah.I guess I lied. But it's for the best right?

I glance at the clock and see that it's 4:30. She told me she would try to make it by 5:00 but if she is late, she's late. I walk to my bedroom and quickly make my bed and put the unfolded stack of clothes away in my drawer. I run a wet rag over my bedside table to make sure nothing from my late night snacks is still sticking to the wood.