chapter 41

Kristins point of view:

Maddy just txted me saying I need to come over right away. I haven't talked to her since she got out of the hospital so I don't understand why she decided to contact me now? I'm in a random hallway in some odd building that Liam dragged me into. It's so dark and creepy. It smells like my great grandpas sweater vest he used to wear to every single family gathering we had together. Even at my funeral.

Yes I attended my own funeral.

I mean not as me. Like I was in a costume..I had to watch as they lowered an innocent girl into what was supposed to be my grave. Even though she look exactly like me...I could tell Ari and Maddy knew it wasn't me. It was a decoy girl named Cassidy who was walking home from Wall-greens when the A.S.S.L's kidnapped her and brutally killed her. She never even did anything wrong! But then again neither did I. 

I attended my funeral as Rachel. A fat blonde girl who apparently was a really close friend of mine. People bought it. I wanted to scream. Help!!! It's me!!! Kristin!!! Help!!!! But the whole time James (Rachels supposed dad) had a gun to my back the entire time. So even if I coughed he would press the tip of the weapon to my back causing it to rip my skin. I yelped in pain which got me into to even worse trouble when we got back to the A.S.S.L's headquarters. 

I don't even understand why they made me go. Were they hoping I would run to my mom and there would be a massive shoot out? Or did they just drag me there so they could laugh at my pain as my family and friends cried hysterically.

 At that moment I just wanted him to shoot me. I wanted to die instead of seeing my life being crushed by them. In my mind I was begging for him to shoot me. But I was to scared....I felt like I would be hurting everyone else that was kidnapped for not saving them. But now that I am free...I can tell everybody where they are!!! I just realized this! Shit..how did I not remember to tell the police! I was so caught up with the guys and falling in love that I forgot about all the people who needed my help!

I grab my phone and dial 911.

"Hello, what is your emergency?"

"I would like to report a terrorist act." My voice is quiet and frail but she immediately responds.

"And who is it that you are reporting?"

"The kidnapping of millions and bombings." At this point my voice has grown stronger and more powerful over the line. I feel confident knowing I am saving lives.

"What is the address ma'am? And are you in potential danger???" 

"I'm fine, Lexington parkway. Hammerstein high school. I'm by the gymnasium by the far left."

"Were sending police there right away ma'am! You wait there!!!"

"Send a lot........thank you! And hurry!!!!" I say before hanging up the phone and rounding the corner.