Spring Days *17*

You sat at the dining table with a cup of tea in your hands. It seemed like forever ago you were sitting in this same spot eating breakfast happily. Now the room was filled with dread. Everyone was in the room sitting silently. Mulan and Shang were still unconscious and Big C had the new doctor fly in to look after them. She was the doctor who had taken Hanna's place. Ping was lying in his bed hooked up to the same machines Melody was hooked up to in Atlantica. Now according to, Jessica and Ryan, the other members of their little rebel team were on their way.

"We should've seen it coming." Auron said aloud breaking the silence.

"Just now realizing that ya old bat?" Cid scoffed and leaned back in his chair.

"What do Melody and Ping have in common? There was no way we could connect them." Xion shrugged.

"Yeah nothing in common except the fact that both of them are the only children of Mulan and Ariel who are both known for their hearts of light." Ven yelled loudly.

"Don't snap at me." Xion yelled back, "If you knew that how come you didn't see this coming Strife?!"

"Stop yelling." Angeal said, "Do you honestly think pointing fingers is going to help anybody?!"

The room quieted down again and the sound of running footsteps could be heard heading towards the room. The door slid open roughly and Mulan stood there clutching her bandages.

"Where's Ping?!" She cried. The desperation in her voice seemed to echo in the silent room. Mulan saw the looks on everyone's faces and her knees buckled underneath her, "No no no no."

Cid reached over to help her up but she brushed him off and rose to her feet. Mulan turned and ran out down the hall, "Ping! Ping!"

"I'll get her." Cid mumbled before leaving the room.

"I'll help him." Yuna added and followed him out. The room returned to it's silence. A phone rang and you cut your eyes from your tea cup to Big C. He answered his phone quickly.

"What?" He said. The person on the other line spoke some and then Big C hung up. "That was Sam. He's gonna make a conference call when Ben and Wes get here. They're landing now."

Jessica limped in a moment later with Ryan helping her. He ushered her towards an empty seat.

"I just got a call from Wes. He'll be here in about five minutes." Jessica said while rubbing her shoulder.

True to her word, about five minutes later the sound of the front door opening greeted everyone's ears. A set of footsteps walked down the hall until they saw everyone in the room. Wes was the first one to rush forward. He pulled Jessica out of her chair and into his arms. Ben limped in after him with a forced smile. His left arm was in a sling and his right arm held a metal briefcase.

"I told you to keep her safe." Wes growled at Ryan. You watched Ryan tense up before Jessica pulled herself away.

"Shush. I'm fine." Jessica shook her head, "Ben set up the conference call now."

Ben had already set the briefcase on the table, "Already on it."

He opened up the briefcase and pressed a few buttons. Light began to lift from the case until it formed a screen. After loading a few more moments Sam appeared on it. Your eyes widened when you saw that he had gauze wrapped around his head and his left eye.

"Status Cody?"

Big C sighed, "He got away. The kid's like Melody."

Sam closed his right eye and sighed. Jessica moved from Wes and sat back down again.