Spring Days *29*

COMMENT & VOTE

____________________________________

Things moved fast. Everyone was on their feet, stumbling around in the dark toward the exit. The hallway was glowing a dim red from the emergency lights in place. Yelling continued faintly down the hall with more gunshots echoing off the walls. Your eyes glanced around and when you finally caught sight of Auron in the front of the group you realized he had already barked out an array of orders. Tifa was still gripping your arm tightly as she pulled you down the hall with the others.

"My parents!" You yelled.

"They'd be with the rest of the group." Yuna said in your ear. She was right behind you pushing you forward as Tifa pulled. Chasers emerged from the walls, where they had hidden in the shadows, and attacked the group. The three that jumped out were quickly taken out by Terra's keyblade and Cid's staff.

"Keep moving and keep your guard up!" Auron roared as the group reached the main room. It was a full out brawl.

Half the room was collapsed in while others fought in the remaining space against chasers and stalkers.

Amber stepped up and grabbed Auron's shoulder, "This is it! Half the group is heading for safety. Send some to check on them!"

As the words left her mouth a new round of chasers fell from the shadows on the ceiling. Amber spun around and held up two guns, a pistol in each hand, firing at every shadow.

"Team B head up the northern tunnel and find the others!" Auron commanded before jumping into a nearby fight. You froze for a minute as you thought about what team you were on. When did they come up with teams?

"You're with us darlin'." Cid barked pulling you out of Tifa's grasp and out of the room. You ran on your own beside him and glanced back to see Leon, Riku, and Paine following close behind. You pulled your gun out of its holster and kept your eyes open.

There were less chasers and stalkers down the hall. It was the same hall that would let out in your living room. The dim red lights were giving you a headache and making it hard to see. When the ramp for your house came into sight four shadows melted from the walls in your path. Cid came to a skidding stop and threw his arm out pushing you back. Leon grabbed your shoulder and shoved you behind him so Cid and Leon were in front while Riku, you, and Paine covered the back and sides. The shadows quickly formed into stalkers and pounced immediately. The first tackled Cid to the ground as he fought it off with his staff. Leon lifted his gunblade and knocked the second stalker out of the fight. Riku charged forward to fight the third stalker as Leon took on the fourth. A group of chasers formed behind you keeping Paine and yourself busy. You fired two bullets making two chasers melt back into the shadows while Paine killed the last one. You turned in time to see Riku's keyblade cut through a stalker as Cid killed the one that had been on top of him. The last stalker had Leon pinned to the ground. You lifted your gun and fired without thinking. The bullet bit through the stalkers head and made it disappear.

"Aren't you glad you trusted me with a gun?" You asked as you helped him to his feet. Leon had a gash on his chest that was bleeding through his shirt. Yours eyes widened at the sight but he brushed your worry away.

"I'm more glad that Cody taught you how to shoot." He replied. Paine and Riku were also unharmed like you, but Cid had a nasty bruise forming across the left side of his face. He ran his hand over his face roughly.

"Keep moving." He grunted and your small group continued down the hall to the ramp. Only a few steps were taken before the walls and around you began to shake violently. Dust began to rain over your heads.