Chapter 18

SURYAH POV

I woke up lazily. Stretching and flexing my aching body. I was surprised to notice that the sun actually wasn't in my eyes this morning. Kai was beside me snoring softly and giving off enough heat to make me sweat. Looking at his sleeping face I remembered last night in vivid detail. Each touch . . . Each kiss. . . It's like a fairy tale.

I touched the spot on my neck where he bit me. It was sore and achy. I wonder what it looks like. I decided it was time to get up and freshen up. I walked into the bathroom and immediately my eyes drifted down to the bite mark. It was red and swollen but it was already beginning to heal. That's pretty strange but I bet werewolves have super healing in real life like they do in the books I read.

I stepped into a hot shower and decided to wash my hair. It is definitely time to bring my curls back. I need them to cover my neck. Once I finished showering and brushing my teeth I went into the room to grab some clothes out of my bag. That's the moment I realized I wasn't burning up like yesterday. Thank goodness. One thing I hate is being hot. I pulled on some shorts and a tank top before heading down to the kitchen. I was starving. When I got down there Keith, Brielle, Arielle, and Lakai were in there eating some sandwiches and other snacks.

"Is that what you guys eat for breakfast around here??"

"No" Arielle answered, "This is what we eat for lunch. It's almost 3:30 in the afternoon"

I could tell that I had a shocked look on my face, Brielle was snickering and pointing to the stove, "See for yourself."

Damn I slept late. We must've stayed up later than I thought. My cheeks burned as I walked over to the fridge to figure out something to eat.

"Late Night?" Arielle asked.

I didn't answer. That just made Brielle laugh out loud. Sheesh, she was embarrassing me.

"Hey Keith you ready to head out?" Lakai asked.

"Yep"

As the boys left, Brielle put her plate in the sink and I finished up making my own stacked sandwich. She skipped around the island practically bursting with excited energy. "How was it?"

"Was what?" I said as I took a huge bite of my sandwich.

"Don't play dumb with me, you know exactly what I am talking about Luna."

I almost choked while trying to swallow all the food in my mouth. "Luna?"

"Yes, Luna. As in the Alpha's mate. I know you read those werewolf romance novels, they actually tell the truth sometimes."

"Brielle, don't start giving her more details that Kaidyn hasn't had a chance to tell her yet. She is probably still processing what has already happened. Especially since she is no longer in heat. I mean becoming a mother is a big responsibility too."

"Becoming a whaa....."

KAIDYNS POV

As I walked into the kitchen I saw Suryah start to fall. I jumped into action and grabbed her before she hit the ground. My wolf was growling loudly in my head.

"What happened?" I forced out.

Brielle shrunk back from me, moving closer to her sister.

"She passed out when I said that she was going to be a mother. I didnt mean to tell her. I thought you had the heat talk with her."

"I did, I forgot to tell her that Alpha's always impregnate their mates while mating."