Chapter Eleven

KAIDYN’S POV

Once we were on our way home, Suryah fell asleep. The sun had drained her of all of her energy. While she was sleeping, I snuck glances at her peaceful features and I noticed that she had a small smile on her face. By the time we made it back home, she was still fast asleep and she wasn’t waking up when I shook her. I scooped her into my arms and headed inside, Lakai was already coming down the stairs from tucking a sleeping Arielle into bed. Brielle and Danger had dropped their bags by the front door and headed straight for the kitchen. They’re so much alike.

She snuggled into my chest as I made my way up to her room. It was comforting to know that subconsciously she wasn’t holding back. I pushed her cracked door open with my foot and strode over to her bed. After pulling back the covers, I went to lay her down but she wouldn’t let me go. It felt like she was clutching on to me for dear life. I tried to undo her fingers from my shirt but she wouldn’t budge. Finally, I got them to let go of my shirt and I slipped her shoes off before tucking her in and heading to my own room. I’ll get the bags out of the car tomorrow.

Once in my room I thought back over what had happened between us on her trip. With how close we’ve gotten, I’m barely able to hold my wolf back from marking her. I’m going to have to tell her soon and I have the perfect place to do it. I smiled to myself and stripped down to my briefs.

I was about to climb in bed when I heard her voice and she sounded terrified.

“No, please stop. Kaidyn help me. KAIDYN”

She screamed my name and instantly I tensed up. Rushing to her room, I opened the door and she was still asleep. She was rolling around in her bed saying no over and over again with tears streaming down her face. I’m just glad no one is actually doing anything to her because this time I wouldn’t be able to keep my wolf from taking over and killing them brutally.

I sat next to her on the bed and I shook her to try and wake her up. This time it worked but her nightmare made her shrink away from me to the wall. My wolf whined in my head to see her shrink away from me but once she was fully awake and she saw it was me, she rushed into my arms.

“Kai, it was horrible,” her tears left a wet sport on my shoulder as I held her.

“Tell me what happened Love.”

“You didn’t get there in time and they hurt me so bad. I keep seeing their faces taunting me.”

I pulled her onto my lap and pulled her up to face me.

“I’m here; no one’s going to get you. I would give my life before I let anyone hurt you, okay? You’re safe.”

She stared into my eyes, searching for the truth of my words. I think she found it because the next thing I knew she was straddling my hips and kissing me passionately. I didn’t want to stop her and Goddess knows my wolf was trying to force me into completing the mating process but I didn’t want to take advantage of her in this vulnerable state. I want our mating to be a romantic occasion full of passion and love. So, I pulled away.

“How bout I stay with you tonight to fend off your bad dreams?”

“I don’t want to stay in here tonight; can we sleep in your room?”

“Sure”

I scooped her up into my arms and headed to my room. After having her picture beside me that first night and wishing that it was her, it finally will be. I’ll be waking up in the morning to my gorgeous mate next to me in my own bed. A small smile graced my lips as I tucked her into my bed and got in next to her.

“Good Night Kaidyn” she said half asleep.

“Good Night My love” I whispered.

SURYAH’S POV