Chapter Fifteen

SURYAH’S POV

After breakfast, I took the longest cold shower ever. My skin was practically icy when I got out. Sweet relief. I could have sworn that Kai said the heat would be slow, that it would creep up on me and slowly get stronger every day. I guess he was wrong about that too. This heat’s hit me full force and I’m stuck in his room. I’ve been in here all day by myself. What if the others smell me?

I slipped on his shirt and walked into the room. I can’t take wearing anything else. My bra rubs against my too sensitive nipples and there is just no point in me wearing panties. So I get to walk around naked, for the most part anyways.

I opened the window and stared out at the clear sky. As the night chill rolled in the breeze picked up and washed over my skin. I was already heating back up. If it’s this bad today, I can only imagine tomorrow and what about tonight. How am I supposed to sleep without him or with him? Ugh, this is so frustrating.

A knock at the door brought me out of my mini silent break down.

“Who is it?”

“Arielle”

“Come on in”

“Kaidyn told me that he explained everything to you and that you accepted him, he also told me that you’re in heat. I hope you’re not mad he told me, he thought you could use a friend that’s been through it.”

“I’m not mad at him for that.”

“Good, how are you holdin up?”

“I’m okay, but what am I going to do? Tomorrow spring quarter starts and I know I can’t handle going through this in school. And what about shifting?”

“I’ve been thinking about school too and I’ve decided to take the quarter off. Kai thinks it would be a good idea for you to do so as well but he didn’t want to tell you. I mean, you do need some time to get used to your whole life changing.”

“Maybe your right. That means that I need to call my boss tomorrow and let her know and I need to drop my classes. Do you have a laptop?”

“Yea it’s hooked up in my room, come on.”

I followed her down the hall to her room. I guess I do need this time off. She turned her computer on and I tucked Kai’s shirt under me before a sat on her chair. I was just finishing up when the bedroom door opened. Arielle and I looked to see who it was at the same time. Lakai walked into their room and looked straight over at me.

“Umm, Arielle open the windows.”

“Why, it’s cold”

“Because I can smell her heat and our room is full of it. I love you dear but it is really strong and unless you want me to do something you will hate me for, you’ll do what I ask. I’m going outside for some air. You need to take her back to Kai’s room before someone else smells her.”

The little conversation between them made me uncomfortable. Do I smell bad or something?

“Arielle, can I ask you something?”

“Sure”

“Do I smell bad or something?”

“No you don’t, you smell really good is what he means. Females can’t smell each other’s heat because we are not meant to mate with each other but all the males can smell you. Your scent is an aphrodisiac to all males right now.”

“Oh, so he was saying that you needed to open the windows so he wouldn’t jump on me?”

“Exactly, I mean it’s not like he wants you or would do it on purpose but his wolf would and it was taking him a lot to keep him in check.”

“Okay, well I don’t want to be an inconvenience; I’ll just go back to my room. Thank you for letting me use your laptop.”

“You’re welcome”

I walked out of her door and headed to the room that I was given first, the guest room. I walked into the room and grabbed my shampoo and conditioner that he left behind. The window was open so, I looked out at the surrounding forest. The sun had just begun to set and it was such a beautiful sight.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?”

The deep voice startled me. I didn’t even hear anyone open the bedroom door, I must’ve left it open.

“Umm, yea.”

I turned around to see who I was talking to because I didn’t recognize the voice and sure enough, I didn’t recognize his face either.

“I’m Keith.”

“Nice to meet you, I’ll just be going now”

“Wait a minute, why so soon?”

He stepped in front of my path to the door and I couldn’t stop my heart beat from speeding up. Kai where are you I screamed in my head.

“Umm, I was just grabbing these, now I need to get back to my room.”

“No need to leave so soon, you can stay here with me. I’ll take care of you real good.”

The way he took a large step toward me told me that he wasn’t joking around. Fear started making its way through my body. What do I do?

Keith took a few more steps toward me and closed the distance between us.

“Please don’t, my mate is going to wonder where I’m at.”

“Obviously not, we’ve been standing here for 20 minutes.”

I looked over my shoulder at the nearly gone sun and I could tell that he was right. My body was hot all over and aching for his touch. Wait what?

“Don’t even think about screaming, I can cut off your scream before it even leaves your mouth.”

Just as his nose began to trail up my neck, taking in my scent, the door burst open.

“Kai”

KAIDYN’S POV

I walked up the stairs and to my room. I hope my mate is okay. I was bringing her some ice cream to try and help cool her down. As soon as I stepped into the hallway, I could smell her. My wolf was pacing inside me, begging me to take her.

Calm down, if we take her she will hate us.

Luckily the thought of her hating us calmed him down a little bit. I stepped up to my door and took a deep breath before I opened it.

“Suryah? Honey?”

I looked in the bathroom and even in the closet, she wasn’t in here and from the way her smell is stronger in the hallway, it’s been awhile. I walked out into the hallway and took a deep sniff. Maybe she went to Arielle’s room, I did send her up here to comfort her. Luckily, her door was open.

“Hey Arielle, where’s Ryah?”

“She walked out of my room about a half hour ago. She said she was heading back to your room so I could air out my room.”

“She’s not in my room”

“Check the guest room”

My wolf was getting anxious. I walked to the guest room and right before I opened the door I heard my mate’s voice followed by a males;

“Please don’t, my mate is going to wonder where I’m at.”

“Obviously not, we’ve been standing here for 20 minutes.”

As soon as I heard that my wolf was raging. How dare someone think that they can lay a hand on her, she’s MINE.

SURYAH’S POV

The door burst opened just in time.