Chapter Four

SURYAH'S POV

Looking around my darkened room, I could see piles of discarded items all over the floor. Not stopping on anything in particular, my eyes glided over to the window and to the sun peeking through several of the blinds. The sun always seems to shine through them and right into my eyes when I'm lying in bed. Ugh, I hate it but oh well.

I've been lying in bed all day, just reading. The only reason I've snapped out of it at the moment is because I've just finished the story I was reading. It sucks that they end so quickly. That's why I love reading book series, because the more books in the series, the longer the story goes. My stomach decided that this was the perfect moment to start growling. Perfect timing. I plugged my phone into the charger and walked across the room towards the kitchen.

My bright little kitchen looked so warm and inviting. Like in those movies with the happy families, the kitchen is bright and spotless. You would expect to see dinner cooking on the stove or a happy family sitting down to eat at the dining room table but no. My kitchen barely fits the stove, sink, counter, fridge, and cabinets. I have no room for a table. I barely have room for the necessities.

I searched the fridge from something that looked edible but unfortunately it’s nearing the end of the month; which means all I’ve got it some top ramen. I really kind of HATE ramen noodles but hey it is better than starving. Believe me, I’ve had those days.

I set some water on to boil and decided to check my Facebook while I was waiting. I haven’t checked it all day. Pouncing onto the bed, I grab by phone. I didn’t really expect to have any new messages or comments or anything. I never do but being nosy would definitely distract me from how long it’s taking the water to boil. As soon as I log in I see something surprising. I actually have a message. I wonder who would possibly have something to say to me.

Wow, that’s weird, this girl I had in my class last quarter asked me over for a movie night. Hmm, well we did become pretty good friends in class. I guess this could be counted as me getting out. So, movie night it is but what am I going to wear, she wants me to stay over. I wonder who else lives with her.

With so many thoughts in my head I almost forgot to reply.

{Sure, I’ll come what time should I be ready?}

[By seven I will be there to pick you up. You still live in the same place we worked on our project?]

{Okay I’ll be ready and yup I do. See you when you get here! =)}

KAIDYN’S POV

I’ve been running through the woods all day and it’s such a release. I feel like all the anger I’ve had in my system has dissipated with each and every step that I’ve taken. I’m glad there’s a breeze today cause with the sun beaming down on my thick fur I know I would have overheated by now. I’ve done a lot today while I’ve been out and luckily no one bothered me. I ran the borders of my territory easily and without being spied by human eyes. I swam in the cool lake in the middle of the forest and I’ve rested. I’m rejuvenated. I’m refreshed. I feel like myself again. No over powering feeling of need. No wolf clawing at the borders of my mind.

I am completely at peace and it is the most wonderful feeling. It’s like I’m discovering this feeling for the first time in my life. Sending a silent prayer of thanks to the Moon Goddess I made my way back to the pack house as the sun started its descent in the sky.

I grabbed my clothes from beside the tree and hurriedly out them on before I walked into the clearing behind the house. Oddly, no one was in sight. I thought I would see someone out here since it was finally nice out but I guess not. I stepped onto the porch and opened the door to see Arielle walking into the kitchen beaming. What’s she so happy for?