Chapter Five

KAIDYN’S POV

A car was pulling up as I made my way down the stairs. That’s got to be her. I ran the rest of the way down the stairs and hurried over to the couch. I got in a comfortable position and tried to look relaxed but my heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. It was beating so fast that I could hear it humming in my ears.

Footsteps approached the stairs to the front porch. I heard someone step up the four wooden stairs and then I heard two more people.

Two more people??? What the heck? Don’t tell me she has a boyfriend. I’m going to kill him, she’s mine. I growled loud enough for whoever was outside my door to hear. They cautiously opened the door.

“Is everything okay in there” Brielle cautiously asked.

I let out sigh. “Yea, everything’s fine. I thought you were already in the entertainment room.”

“Nope, Arielle asked me to go to the store and get the snacks for movie night so I took Lakai and Danger with me to carry the bags.”

As she finally opened the door all the way, they walked in with arms full of bags, filled with junk food. I bet they got one of everything.

Arielle stood there watching the boys walk into the kitchen and smirked.

“I love that my sister and I have them wrapped around our little fingers. She told me your mate is supposed to be coming tonight so Lakai told the rest of the pack to steer clear tonight. Our mates will be on their best behavior. I promise.”

I raised an eyebrow as I looked over at her. Danger, her mate, was never one to behave himself. It’s like trouble is drawn to him so I doubt that tonight will be any different.

“Trust me okay, I told him if he does anything. . . anything at all, no sex for a month and he will be sleeping in his own room.”

As laughter filled the room I couldn’t believe the power that our females had over us. No sex, what kind of punishment is that. It’s almost like a life sentence. We male wolves have needs that need to be met by our mates after we mark them.

Once my laughter died down to a chuckle I looked up at her, “I believe you, I know he wouldn’t want that at all.”

She stood there staring at me.

“What?”

“It’s just been so long since you’ve genuinely laughed like that. She’s changed something in you already and I bet you don’t even know it.”

“I know it, I feel it, and I welcome it.” I smiled at her and right at that moment Danger walked into the room and over to her. Brielle had a few tears in her eyes but she was smiling. I didn’t know that my happiness could affect other people so deeply. Maybe it’s because I’m their Alpha.

“Babe, what’s wrong?”

“I’m fine.”

“Then why are there tears in your eyes?”

“I’m happy, that’s all.”

He just stared at her for a minute before he put his arms around her and kissed away the few tears that had manifested.

I looked at the couple in front of me with hopeful thoughts. I can only imagine how it will feel to have my mate in my arms.

SURYAH’S POV

We pulled up to the house, well mansion, and I couldn’t help but stare. It’s like my dream home. I can’t believe she lives here. Oh my gosh is she rich? Why does she want to hang out with me, she saw where I lived. It’s not exactly the Hilton.