Chapter Ten

SURYAH’S POV

The trees moved around me in the breeze. The setting sun spread a rainbow of colors across the sky and I was filled with peace. The forest was close to being silent. I could hear the tranquil birds calling to each other over my head. I walked deeper into the trees. A stick cracked behind me and I froze. I wasn’t sure whether I should turn around or not. I finally decided that it was now or never and when I did, there was a familiar black wolf standing in front of me. His eyes drew me in and I couldn’t keep my feet from taking me nearer to him. I reached out to touch his rich deep brown fur and he didn’t move away from me. My hand reached his fur and it was softer than I thought it would be. I wrapped my arms around his large head and pulled him close to me. The heat coming off of his body filled me with contentment. I felt his form start to change. The sound of his bones breaking and reforming filled my ears. I knew exactly what was happening. I released him from my grasp; I had so many thoughts running through my head. For a long time I just sat there but finally, I was ready to turn around. In slow motion, my body started to turn around. I was almost facing him. . . .

I woke up with Kaidyn’s arms still around me. I was lying on his hot and shirtless chest. All the tension from the night before had left my body. I looked up at his still sleeping face. His brows creased together and formed a frown. Before I knew it, I reached up to smooth out the wrinkles on his forehead. My gaze trailed over his face and down to his lips. Those soft lips took every ounce of my control when they touched mine. His kisses were pure heaven and the kisses we’ve shared so far were replaying in my head. My hand still rested on his cheek when his mouth slowly turned into a smile. I looked up to him staring straight into my eyes.

“Good Morning”

I yanked my hand away and looked away.

“Morning”

“Oh, come on you don’t have to be afraid to touch me.” He said and pressed his lips against my forehead. The kiss was soft and reassuring.

“What did you dream about?” I asked him.

“Umm, I don’t remember why?”

“You were frowning in your sleep.”

“Oh, well good thing I don’t remember then. You ready for some breakfast?”

“Sure, lemme just brush my teeth and throw some clothes on.”

“No need, I plan on ordering room service so we can have breakfast in bed and before you even try to tell me no, you have no choice because I won’t let you out of this room.”

He smiled at me but his eyes told me that he was completely serious. I laughed and nodded my head.

“Glad you decided to take the easy way.”

He walked out of the room to go order and I headed into the bathroom to brush my teeth. No need to spread my morning breath along with breakfast. By the time I finished up and washed my face, he was back in our room.

KAIDYN’S POV

I raced through the trees following her sweet scent on the breeze. Her scent was getting stronger, she’s close. I slowed down to a walk and before long I was so caught up in watching her movements, I stepped on a stick. In the quiet that surrounded us, it echoed. Her hair moved gently in the breeze and she turned her golden gaze on my wolf. He was excited and kept chanting “Mate” over and over in my head. Suryah started taking slow steps towards me. Her arm extended and she came in contact with my fur. The simple act of her rubbing her hand over my fur made sparks explode all over my body. She wrapped her arms around my head and my wolf purred from deep within me. Her head lay on my shoulder and I decided that now was the time to reveal myself to her. I shifted. Her arms released me. Her form wasn’t tense or scared. It’s as if she expected this to happen. Slowly she began to turn around. Her body was almost facing me and her head was beginning to turn. . .