Chapter Fourteen

KAIDYN’S POV

Did she really just accept me? My wolf was howling with joy in my head. It was getting harder to keep him from taking control of my body and marking her. I turned her around and looked into her eyes. She was nervous, I could see it but she was also searching for an answer in my eyes.

“You’ve just made me the happiest man in the world. I love you.”

“I love you too” she said shyly.

I pulled her to me and kissed her with all the love that I had inside of me. I let it overflow into her body to show her that what I said was the truth. Before long, we had to come up for air. Suryah laid her head on my chest and panted softly. I still can’t believe that she accepted me.

“Suryah, I just want you to know that you are my whole world now. I mean I know that I have to take care of my pack but you will always come first in my life. It will be one of personal goals to keep a smile on your face.”

I heard her sigh and snuggle deeper into my chest.

“Umm, Kai?”

“Hmm?”

“We don’t have to complete the process right away do we?”

“No babe we don’t I can wait but to be honest, now that you’ve accepted me the bond will be pushing us toward completing it and it will get harder and harder for me to control my wolf from marking you. And. . . . . and you’re going to go into heat soon.”

“Heat? Like a dog? How is that possible if you haven’t changed me yet?”

“Well because your soul calls to mine, it makes it possible.”

“What will happen to me when I am in heat?”

“You will always be extremely hot even though it I about to be winter. It will feel like you need to rub ice all over your body and every time you see me, you’re going to want to . . . . have your way with me. It will  much harder for me though because your scent will get much stronger and your body will be calling to me. Well not me in particular because we haven’t completed the bond yet, but any male will feel the need to have sex with you, even humans. Only the wolves will be able to smell exactly what it is though.”

SURYAH’S POV

I think I made the right choice in accepting him. At least I don’t have to rush into having sex with him. Lying in his arms at night is one of the best feelings I’ve ever felt. I feel complete with him. Unlike the time I’ve spent in the past with other guys, I feel like I can trust him and I won’t regret taking this chance.

Once he explained the whole going into heat thing to me I just didn’t know what to say. To say I’m scared as hell of being attacked and raped is an understatement.

“Don’t worry love I won’t let anything happen to you okay. It would be best if you stayed away from males for that time but it will only get worse until your body is . . . satisfied.”

“What do you mean worse?”

“I mean that it’s going to be hard for you to control yourself as well unless we complete the bond.  You will just want to be satisfied. Your body would want it to be me but any male would be able to satisfy you for a short amount of time. Only I will be able to completely satisfy you. The heat last for two weeks and it will only stop early if you get pregnant.”

“Pregnant??”

Did he just say pregnant? Oh my gosh, this heat thing just sounds so great.  -_- I’m going to turn into a slut that wants to bone any guy I see, and I won’t be able to control myself.

“Hunn, umm can we just talk about the rest of this tomorrow? I need sleep and I don’t think I can handle any more information right now without seriously freaking out.”

“Okay babe, good night”

He kissed my forehead and I wrapped my arms around his waist.

I guess I was tired because the next thing I know I’m waking up and the sun is shining right in my eyes. Ugh, I swear that sun is out to get me. It does that to me every freaking day. I rolled over and put a pillow on my head.

Wait a minute; I’m alone in this bed. It took me a minute to realize that but when I did I sat upright and looked around Kai’s room. My stuff was sitting in a pile by his closet door but he was nowhere in sight. I went into the bathroom to brushed my teeth and wash my face before I headed to look for my new mate.

It still sounds weird to call him my mate. I guess it will take some time to get used to. I was running a brush through my hair when I heard the bedroom door open. I decided to finish what I was doing before I checked out who it was.

“Suryah?”

“In here”

“I was hoping you would still be asleep but since you’re awake, I brought you something.”

He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the bed where a tray of French toast and strawberries sat covered in powdered sugar.

“I was going for breakfast in bed but breakfast on my bed is close enough.”

“Awe, thank you. That’s really sweet of you but I hope you plan on sharing all of that with me because I can’t eat it all by myself.”

“Of course, Love”

Kai pulled me into his arms and gave me a soft and sweet peck on lips. It was refreshing and loving but I could feel my body start heating up. His arms were around me, his lips were on mine, and I could feel the hard muscles in his chest through my pajamas.

“Babe?”

“Huh?”

“Umm, I think your heat has just started.”

“What? I thought you said it wasn’t going to start for another week or so.”

“That’s what I thought. It usually takes a week or so. Maybe because I’m an Alpha your hormones kicked in more quickly. Don’t worry okay. Let’s just eat and you can hop in a cold shower.”