Chapter Nine

SURYAH’S POV

I stood there looking at my outfit for the night. These girls are some serious fashionistas. The stuff they picked out for me looks like it came from a runway show. I feel like I haven’t been myself since I’ve been with them but, in a good way. It’s like I’m finally opening myself up. I haven’t even been reading as much as I usually do. It’s kind of hard not to but I’ve been holding back on the stories. It kind of feels like I’m in some kind of fairytale though. Someone is going to come and wake me up at any moment.

It’s hard to believe that just a day ago I was lying in bed all day reading like I always do and now I’m dressed up and headed to the club with a group of friends. Everything has changed so quickly it’s really hard to grasp right now but I don’t want to mess up this fairytale so I think I’m going to just keep enjoying the ride until it’s over and reality settles back in.

“Ready to go?”

“Yup, lemme just grab my phone and I’ll meet you guys at the elevators Arielle.”

“Just grab your stuff, we’ll wait”

I went to grab my phone and threw my debit card into the little checkered clutch that I was carrying before I headed to the door. The smoky eye shadow that they put on me made my eyes pop and it matched the black belt around my waist. The short layered purple dress that they had me wearing made me feel so exposed but it really did look good on me so, of course, they talked me into keeping it on. The soft curls flowing down my back were perfect and helped show off the chandelier-like earrings that graced my ears. Everything felt so expensive but, for once in my life, I felt important.

We headed to the elevators and I noticed that Arielle and Brielle grabbed their guys and walked a little ahead of Kaidyn and I. I’m not sure I’m ready for the talk that I know he wants to have. I just want things to keep going well. When people start “discussing” what is going on is when trouble starts. I’d rather just let the chemistry keep working it’s magic, it seems to know exactly what it’s doing.

“Suryah?”

“Yes, Kai”

KAIDYN’S POV

She looked so gorgeous and I could barely keep my hands to myself so I stuffed them in my pockets. I hope that helps for a while cause its torture trying to control my wolf right now.

“Suryah?”

“Yes, Kai”

I can’t believe she called me Kai. The smile that appeared on my face was something I couldn’t contain. Nothing I feel around her is easy to contain.

“Umm, I wanted to talk to you about earlier”

“Okay, what about earlier?”

“Well it’s weird because I don’t really know you but I feel like we’ve known each other for a long time. I really like you and. . .”

Her fingers stop the next words that were about to come out of my mouth and I noticed that we had had stopped in the empty hallway.

“Don’t say anything else okay. I know for me this all seems really surreal but everything is going well so just let things happen.”

With that she removed her fingers, kissed my cheek, and continued down the hallway towards the elevators. I just stood there watching her retreating figure. Did SHE really just kiss ME?

“You coming?”

She said as the elevator doors opened.

“Yea”