Chapter Two

*****AUTHOR'S NOTE*****

I know the first couple of chapters probably aren't going to be that interesting but they set up the rest of the story, so bear with me. I am a full time college student as well so I will upload when I can, I am going to be putting all of my freetime into this book so please give me feedback and votes.

thank you much =)

******************************

SURYAH POV

My phone vibrated as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. It was Riley.

"I'm Here" She said as I answered, breaking me out of a melancholy moment.

"I'll be out in a minute"

I really wasn't sure I even felt like going anymore. I just didn't feel like myself today. "Still stuck in those stories," I thought to myself. "All the more reason to go connect with reality."

I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. Ugh, she always pulls up so far away from the door, whatever. I walked over to her car and got in the passenger seat and we were on our way to the mall. My cousin Riley is twenty-one also, born a month apart, you would think that we'd be like twins or something but no, we were more different than day and night. With my lack of close friends, she still seemed to be my savior from my self-inflicted life of solitude. She was always trying to get me out of the house.

When we got to the mall it was super crowded. Great, it’s going to take forever to find a parking spot. Or so I thought. Riley swooped in front of a gorgeous teal Mercedes and stole the newest vacated spot. What a driver. . . . I thought as I mentally rolled my eyes.

As we headed to our usual spot, the Corner Cafe, I couldn't seem to shake the feeling that I wasn’t completely myself. Riley seemed to notice it too.

"What's with you today, you're never this quiet"

"Just a little out of it" I said.

What an understatement. I felt lost and completely disconnected from reality. Not so easy to describe to someone without sounding like you've lost your mind, so I kept my mouth shut.

We walked into the cozy little cafe and immediately started checking out the menu.

"I haven't eaten all day," as soon as I said that, my stomach started to growl, I guess adding proof to my statement.

"Me either, I'm starving"

"So what are you getting Riley?"

"I dunno" she said, even though she orders the same thing every time we come here. A grilled mozzarella, sun dried tomato, and basil sandwich with loaded potato soup, and homemade kettle chips on the side. How adventurous!

I know it sounds like a lot but trust me, my cousin will eat every crumb and she never gains a pound.

As we finally made our way through the line and to the register, we ordered and took our seats. Our food got to us almost as soon as we sat down. I happened to look up as the waitress was setting down our plates and who do i see? None other than my horrid ex and first love, Trent Joseph, and his best friend, Bama. What a nightmare. . . .

Now Trent was the typical cocky, college football player that thought he deserved any and everything. With groupies always in his line of sight, he usually got it too.

Bama, short for Alabama, which is where he moved here from, just seemed to want to be exactly like his best friend. He would even go as far as wearing Trent's football gear with the team logo to try and get girls but it never worked. Nobody likes a wannabe.