Chapter Sixteen

-Your life is a cake walk compared to mine-

Central Common Room, Gotham Academy, Gotham City

"And this is the last stop," Isis announced. "Usually this is the area were the rich idiots with too much time on their hands entertain other rich idiots who also have to much time on their hands."

"Ouran High School Host Club?" Jade raises an eyebrow, knowing the reference.

"Hey, I knew you would get it," Isis exclaimed, holding her hand up. The girls high-fived and grinned at one another.

"Wow, the girl who didn't even know what a waffle was knew about an anime filled with slightly homosexual males entertaining ladies along side a hidden female host?" The recognizable voice of Damian laughed.

"I watched it with Stephanie," Jade declared, turning around to face the slightly shorter boy. She couldn't help but smile to see his sky blue eyes looking back at her, the memory of him saying her first name the night before bubbling up in her stomach.

"You and Brown watch some strange shows. How did you manage to complete a whole season in three days?" His blue eyes shifted to look somewhere else, but he glanced back to make sure her attention was still on his.

Isis laughed. "I can finish that show in one."

"How!" Damian gasped. "My Brain would melt."

"It's only like 8 hours," Isis crosses her arms over her chest.

"What's only eight hours?" A new voice asked. A brown haired boy with sunglasses and a freckled face walked up.

"Nothing, Rivera," Damian growled.

The boy, Rivera, laughed and put his arm on Damian's shoulder. "Oh, Wayne. It's always something."

"Tt, whatever. This is Jade Roth, I'm assuming you already know Isis Amer."

The boy held his hand out and Jade took it, a bit intimidated by his grip as they shook hands. "Nice to meet you, Jade Roth. I'm Colton Rivera. Damian's roommate."

"Oh cool," Jade tittered nervously.

"Who is your room mate?" Damian asked.

"Mia Mizoguchi," Jade answered. "Speaking of Maps, she wanted to see you."

Damian laughed quietly. "Let's go find her."

"Alright," Jade agreed, moving so she was standing next to Damian. "You good if I go, Isis?"

"Yeah, but let's all meet up for lunch, alright?" Isis sudjested. "Colton, do ya think you could gather the Detective Club?"

"That's easier said than done, but I'll try," Colton sighed.

Jade smiled at the group before walking off with Damian. The cool breeze of a starting fall mixed with the hot air of the dying summer. It was enjoyable.

"You go get her," Damian commanded.

"What do you mean?" Jade inquired, looking at him, her face showing her puzzlement.