Chapter Nineteen

(Proud of that aesthetic. I made it)

-Oh God, how am I going to tell Bruce?-

Gotham City, (you should know by now)

"Crystal," Robin screamed as she got hit again, the skin of her thigh hissing from the burn.

Raven raced to her, healing Crystal quickly. A large, gold dragon with Dragon Tamer on his back, a blur of her gold hijab covering her face, the only color on her black leather body suit passed the two. The sound of Red Robin's staff and Robin's sword hitting Excalibur's sword echoed through the empty rooftop.

"Get up, Crystal," Smolder growled, the orange liquid spewing from her hands. "Come fight me, like a woman!"

Crystal screamed as she tried to throw a punch at the other girl. She forced her fist into granite, hitting Smolder in the cheek.

Smolder screamed in raw pain, Jade easily broke her cheek bones. "You jerk!"

Smolder tried to throw her own punches, Jade dodging them, not wanting to suffer from more burns. A flash of red and white arrived.

"Impulse!" Crystal exclaimed, glad to see her old teammate joining the battle.

Excalibur had his own speedster named Inertia, and the two speedsters began to battle. Thoth and Dragon Tamer began to help him as the now three separate battles of two against one continued.

"When will this end?" Dragon Tamer cried our after another ten minuets of nonstop fighting. Thoth blew another fireball at Inertia, but missed, hitting Robin's foot.

Robin swore as he was forced to the ground. Crystal, without thinking, rushed to him. "Are you okay?"

"Tt, I'm fine. Go back, fight. You have to fight," Robin exclaimed as he threw a batarang at the direction of Smolder.

"No, that fire burned through your boot and it badly injured your foot!"

"Crystal!" Robin yelled as he pushed her away from him, taking a hit of lava on his chest.

Crystal screamed in fury, turning to hit Smolder. She turned her whole arm to diamond, back slapping the Hawaiian girl. Pinning Smolder to the ground she changes her fists to normal flesh and bone, other than her many rings, and began punching and hitting.

One punch to the left side, one punch to the right side. One smack on the head. It continued until a pair of arms pulled her off the girl.

"Crystal, stop," Red Robin cried. "You have to stop!"

Crystal began sobbing as she slumped against Red Robin, feeling his arms tighten around her in either a brotherly or afraid manner. "Why did you do that?" He asked.

"Because, I love him," Crystal answered through her tears.

Robin was being held up by Raven, getting healed, but the words reached his ears. Although he wasn't the clingy type or the one to start things, he pushed himself from Raven and hobbled to Crystal, pulling her from Red Robin's arms and into his own.

They fell, her still numb from the release from energy and abusing Smolder's face, but she could feel him holding her, his hand moving tear soaked hair from her face. She watched him sit up slightly, balancing himself on his elbows. It felt like the moment would last an enternitt, waiting for his next move.

At that moment, when he carefully placed his lips on hers, it didn't matter that their friends and family were watching. It was Robin and Crystal, Damian and Jade. The grandson of a demon and the child of one. They didn't know what they really were doing, but the uneasy energy that they had been feeling became comfortable, it was welcoming.

"Oh god, how am I going to tell Bruce," Was what made the two pull away.

Crystal's face felt hot, she was glad to have a mask as her mind came back to her. Her whole body hurt, but her lips tingled and there was a little sting in her stomach. The clouds of Gotham began to cry down rain drops, like a sign from above.

"I love you, Damian," Crystal whispered as she looked right at the night sky.

Robin had no words. He didn't know if he loved her, but he knew it felt different than with Colin. "What about Maps?"

Crystal let her mask disappear, looking right at Robin. Her brown eyes were both clear and hazy. "I don't love her like I love you."

Once again Robin pulled her close, but this time there was no kiss, just silent sobs the two shared. No one else in the alley, in the city, or country, even in their world understood what they were feeling. It was a connection that only Damian and Jade could feel.

"We have to get you all cleaned up and out of here," Red Robin hissed. "Bats is going to kill us."

• • •

"I have reports that a sixteen year old Hawaiian girl was taken into the hospital with nearly every bone in her face broken!" Batman yelled, his cowl down so the group, so Jade could see his anger. "She nearly died."

"I'm sorry," Jade whispered.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you," Batman growled.

"I'm sorry, okay? I lost control. She hurt Damian and I got scared and some sort of feeling took over and I couldn't control myself anymore! Pure hate for the girl spewed from my body and I kept hitting her. I couldn't stop hitting her," Jade sobbed. Damian placed his arm around her in a protective manner.

"Father, if I may-"

"Damian, no. You may not. Jade, you've never been like this and if it happens again you are out."

"It could have been worse," Isis exclaimed. "She could have kept her hands as crystals, yet Jade had enough control to change them back to normal."

"Yeah. This could have been a homicide," Bart pointed out.

"Get. In. Control," was all Batman said before leaving the cave.

"I'm sorry guys," Jade whined.

Dick, who was up by the costumes, walked down. "Everyone makes mistakes."

"Not you," Jade sobbed. "Not Tim. Not Jon, or Bart, or Garfield, or Starfire."

"Everyone you listed has made a mistake," Dick informed her. "Even me."

"Really?" She questioned.

"Really," He answered.