The Date

(This isn't going to be long so I made it not a chapter)

Two weeks into school Maps casually reminded of the date she had asked for. Jade smiled, glad that it was the time they got to go into the city. The girls planned on going to a superhero movie based off Maps's favorite board game Serpents and Spells.

"Sit by me on the bus," Isis begged. "Maps has Katherine!"

"I'm sorry but Maps asked me," Jade explained. "I would but I promised her."

"Fine. I'll sit by Damian. But then you have to-"

"I'll sit by you as long as you keep Wayne away from me," Jade hissed.

Isis grinned in victory. "Sounds great!"

Maps and Jade both agreed to not dress up, do their hair, or wear makeup. They left the dorm at the same time, talking like the normally do. They didn't say a word about the date, they hadn't told anyone.

On the bus Jade sat next to Isis, forcing the Egyptian girl to sit next to the window. Maps made her and Katherine sit across from Jade and Isis, Maps sitting on the outside so it was like they were next to each other. Kyle, Maps's older brother, and Colton sat next to each other behind Jade. Pomaline, one of Maps's close friends, sat by herself in the seat in front of Jade. A boy named Eric sat with another shy boy in front of Maps, and the roommate of Pomaline sat behind Maps.

Damian was the last on the bus, he had to find a place to sit. He pushed past Jade, hitting her in the shoulder. The wave of emotions that she had only a few weeks ago took over her again, the anxiety and secret desire.

"Maps, are excited for the movie?" Jade asked as loud as she could on purpose.

"Totally," Maps laughed. "Are you?"

"Of course," Jade giggled, though it was fake. A mask she was using to hide how she really felt.

She didn't want Mia, she wanted to be with Damian. She wanted to tell him she was sorry and that she missed him. She wanted to break down sobbing with real tears, not talking to Maps with a false smile.

"That movie was epic!" Maps squealed as they left the theater they were in.

"So was," Jade agreed. "Hang on, let me go to the bathroom."

When Jade excited the bathroom she was met by Damian.

"I told Maps you were going to meet her at the front." He said. "We have to talk."

Jade said nothing, torn inside. She felt anger rise up inside her, or she thought it was anger.

"So are you going to keep ignoring me?" Damian scoffed.  "You can't do that. I'm here, and you will have to deal with me eventually. I'm making my own Teen Titans, and when I ask you to be in the team you better be ready to say 'yes'."

Jade rolled her eyes, betraying what she held inside and pushed past him.

"I have emotions, you know," Damian shouted.

"I'm not the monster everyone thinks I am," he whispered to himself.

Damian walked around Gotham, the streets he knew better as Robin. He thought of Colin as he walked, the red haired boy had been the light of his life.

Had been.

Now things were changing. The two boys rarely spoke to each other and when they did it was dry and meaning less. Damian knew it was time to let go but he didn't want to break things off. He wanted to try.

Always wanting to try. He wanted everything to be perfect. He had to be perfect.

Already he was different. Dick, Jason, Tim. Black hair, blue eyes, pale skin. Even if it wasn't like that they could change it. Dyes and contacts.

Black hair, blue eyes, tan skin, and an accent. A slight, hidden accent that if listened to close enough was audible. He couldn't paint his skin white and as hard as he tried his damned middle eastern accent would not go away.

Yes, Dick had tanner skin, Jason secretly had red hair and green eyes, but it was fixable. It was always fixable.

Damian is not fixable.

He just wanted to be fixable.