Chapter Twelve

-Would you hold a cat like that, or a dog?-

(I forgot to say I got the faceclaims for the bat fam from batfamilysociety i May have said it before but if not I just want to be safe)

Wayne Manor, Gotham City, United States of America

"Do we have the fire?" Stephanie asked.

"Yes, we have the fire," Dick shouted back.

"Do we have the marshmallows?" Stephanie asked.

"Yes, we have the marshmallows," Dick shouted again.

"Are you ready kids?" Stephanie yelled down the halls.

"Aye aye, captain," Everyone who was under the age of thirty in the Wayne Manor shouted.

Stephanie, Dick, Tim, Cassandra, Barbara, Damian, and Jade all raced outside. A large pile of dry firewood was in the center of a pit, four long, wooden logs around it for places to sit.

"Wally should be here soon. I think Jason might show up and Duke texted saying he should be here any moment now." Dick informed everyone as he sat down. Barbara sat next to him, leaving a spot for Wally.

Jade sat next to Stephanie and Cassandra, leaving Tim and Damian on their own logs. The flames hadn't started yet, they were waiting for everyone to be ready for it. Without asking Jason threw in his lighter, the logs that had fire starting liquids poured into them bursting in flames.

"Dude," Dick yelled. "Duke wanted us to wait for him."

"He's taking too long on patrol and I'm cold," Jason hissed, crossing his arms. "His fault for not being here."

"Hey," a voice shouted, "I told you idiots to wait."

"Sorry, not sorry," Jason stuck his tongue out, being slightly childish.

Duke, to Jade's surprise, was the most contrasting out of all the family. He had dark skin, curly short hair, and a little bit of a laid back personality. He laughed easily, but always looked like he was hiding something.

"So tomorrow Dick goes back to Blüdhaven and Damien goes back to school?" Duke asked.

"Yep, and Jade joins Damien," Stephanie replied. "Jade's the new member in this family."

"I wouldn't say that," Damian huffed.

Duke leaned over and reached out with his hand. Jade leaned in and put her hand in his larger one. "Duke Thomas, a.k.a. Signal. Sorry I haven't met you yet, I have been doing my own things lately."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jade Roth, also known as Crystal. And that is fine, I haven't been here long," Jade smiled at him as they pulled their hands away and sat normally.

"That's new, I'm assuming you don't wear a bat?"

"Nope," Jade laughed. "I'm a loner, but it's fine."

"Maybe one day you will join the mantel," Duke winked.

"Maybe," Jade whispered to herself, looking down at her hands.