Chapter Three

-Who are you?-

Gotham City, United States of America

Jade went to the ATM, sliding the card she had. It read that in her British currency she had one thousand left, the American reading the amount as one thousand and three hundred some dollars left. A grin plastered on her face as she took out one hundred American dollars, putting it in the only safe place she could think of, her bra.

Walking down the snowy streets of Gotham City, pulling her black suitcase behind her. People pushed past her but she payed them no mind, humming happily to herself. She always loved finding new cities and discovering them.

Of course this wasn't any city though, it was Gotham. With a defeated sigh she found a motel, one that was for commoners, not guilty pleasure or business meetings. She paid the eighty dollars it cost to spend a night and saved her extra twenty to find food. Before she went to scout for something to eat she checked her phone.

Constantine:
Jade, did you make it
all right? I am a little
worried about you.
Should I contact my
friends in America
to see if they have
room for you? Or
maybe if they can
bring you to Raven?

Jade:
For a man who
works alone and cares
for no one but himself
you really do worry about
me. I made it fine, did
have to get saved by a
Prince Charming in the
airport. I have found a
safe place to stay for the
night then I will find the
next train to Steele
city to find her.

Jade smiled happily as she turned off her screen and headed out into the night.

• • •

"Damian, remember you have school tomorrow," The British butler named Alfred reminded the thirteen-year-old boy.

"I have school all the time, Pennyworth, no need to remind me,"Damian replied.

Alfred nodded, taking the tray with an empty teacup and plate with crumbs of cookies with him as he exited the Batcave.

"How is the good old Gotham Academy?" Dick asked as he walked around in his Nightwing suit.

"Boring, as always. The curriculum moves slowly and the other students' brains match that,"Damian sighed.

"Did you just call your classmates slow?" Tim asked.

Damian grinned a bit but tried to hide it. "Better than calling you that, right?"

The boys shared a small, common laugh. One that was special to even Damian.

"I can't believe you sprained your ankle," Dick sighed as he sat next to the youngest of the brother's putting his hand on the taped foot.

"Shut up, Grayson could have been you," Damian growled.

"Hey, tell the demon about the girl you saved," Tim shouted as he walked to the bat computer.

"Alright, alright. So we were in the airport, cool air conditioning pouring over us, and I hear this girl scream. She's freaking out, some man was trying to grab her, probably to sell her or something, and I swoop in and save her."