Chapter Five

-Your oversized ego?-

Gotham City, United States of America

"She's in there?" Raven asked as her blindfold was taken off and Robin helped her out of the Batmobile.

"She's asleep on the cot," Nightwing whispered. "Rachel, are you sure you know her?"

Raven looked up at Nightwing, her purple eyes showing the slightest bit of emotion. The man nodded his head, understanding. He guided the hooded girl to the cot where the brunette girl was sleeping, using Robin's cape as a blanket.

"How did that happen?" Red Hood whispered to Robin.

"It just did," Robin shrugged. "She told Alfred no blankets because she didn't want to fall asleep, again, and then she did fall asleep and she looked cold and it just got out of the dryer and I thought I could put it to good use."

"I never heard Robin use that many 'and's in one sentence," Red Robin sneered.

Robin rolled his blue eyes and sat down in front of the bat computer. "I have had no luck contacting Constantine."

Batman, who sat next to Robin, nodded his head. "I will contact a few people who know him. Maybe they can help."

"She has grown," Raven whispered as she kneeled down next to the cot.

"So how do you two know one another?" Nightwing asked.

"We are sisters."

"I didn't know you had a sister," Red Robin grumbled.

"We aren't biological sisters, but in our souls we are," Raven grumbled. Her pale, nearly gray hands reaching out to softly remove stray hairs from Jade's head. "She's thirteen now."

"A five year difference, huh?" Red Robin asked.

Raven nodded her head, closing her eyes and placing her hands on the side of Jade's head. She let the purple aura of her magic cover Jade's body.

"What are you doing?" Robin asked.

"Checking over her body, mind, and spirit. Make sure nothing is wrong," Raven winced a little as she took in bruises and cuts that lined the girl's body.

"Raven?" Questioned Nightwing.

"I want her to go with me to the Titans," She said as she looked up at the Batfamily. By this time Oracle, Spoiler, and Batgirl showed up for 'morning' training. Raven thought it was because they wanted to know what was going on.

"Does she have any guardians?" Batman asked.

"I don't believe so," Nightwing said. "Still having no luck contacting Constantine?"

Batman shook his head. "I'm going to the tower to see if I can find anyone who can help."

Everyone, but Jade, told Batman goodbye and watched as he drove out of the Batcave. Nightwing was the first to take off his mask.

"Dick, what the heck," Oracle, who didn't wear a mask, shouted.

"Oh snap, Oracle said 'heck'," Red Robin joked.