Chapter Fifteen

-Don't lick the floor-

Gotham Academy, Gotham City, United States of America

(Uh, heads up, lots of bullying in this chapter so I guess that might be a trigger? Also they talk about racism and prejudice. I'm sorry if the way I explain it is not your belief but that is how I learned it. There is going to be more talks about these issues in the upcoming chapters, including Homophobia. I advise people who are homophobic or racist to not read anymore because there is going to be a lot of different beliefs, gender issues, and other things.)

"Welcome," Headmaster Hammer greeted to the group of children. "This is a new year for Gotham Academy. Although friends have come and go within the previous year, we shall welcome new friends, and old ones, into our academy. For a brighter, and stronger future."

The children clapped, ranging from the ages of seven to nineteen. The teachers made lines, separating from age and gender. Jade waved goodbye to Damian and followed Isis.

"This is my third year at GA," Isis explained. "It can be really creepy here but I think you will like it. I was asked to be your guide because the girl who was supposed to show you around disappeared."

"Hey," A familiar voice growled. "Don't talk about Olive like that."

"Mia?" Jade asked, turning around to look at the Asian girl.

"I'm just saying, Silverlock went mad. She probably ran away so no one could lock her up in Arkham," a random girl laughed.

"Do you want to fight me?" Maps screamed.

"Mia, calm down," a different girl cried, grabbing onto Maps's arms.

"No, Katherine," Maps cried. "They have to pay!"

The girl, Katherine, pulled Maps away, whispering to her. Jade looked to Isis, a bit confused.

"Maps lost her best friend Olive Silverlock. She's the girl who was supposed to show you around. She went MIA over the summer," Isis sighed. "Olive has a few issues, but I didn't see any problems with her."

Jade nodded. She once heard Bruce and Dick talking about someone with the same last name and a villainess with the name Clamity. "Well, I'm sorry but I'm glad to have you."

Isis laughed a little as the groups of kids spilled out of the cathedral the entrance ceremony was held. The two waited to be the back of the line and followed everyone to the dorms.

"Oh no," Isis exclaimed. "They changed the roommates."

"What do you mean?" Jade asked, looking at the sheet to find her name.

Isis sighed, putting her hands on her hips. "I asked for us to be roommates, and then they did. Last night I checked and we were together."

"How did you know?" Jade looked to the olive colored skin, confused.

"So Mr. Wayne who is paying for my tuition here may have told me about you and I really wanted to meet you and become best friends like they do in those collage books I read on this website I like," Isis took in a deep breath. "I've known about you for about a week or so now."