Chapter Nine

-Maybe I will get Langstrom virus-

Wayne Memorial Hospital, Gotham City, United States of America

"How long do we have to wait?" Bart groaned, slumping into his chair.

Jade looked up at the clock. It had been four hours. "I don't know, Bart."

"Stop whining," Robin snapped. He no longer was in uniform, but he had sunglasses to hide his face. "Starfire is strong."

"Damian, you don't need to hide," Raven sighed. "Gar and I already know you, and Bart and Jade can be trusted." 

The dark haired boy scoffed as he took off the glasses, his light blue eyes being shown. He looked right at Jade. "Say a word and you will know the wrath of Robin."

Raven laughed a bit and switched spots so she was sitting next to Damian. "You remember Jade?"

"Yeah," Damian shortly replied.

Another boy rushed into the room. Jade remembered him from the day in Wayne Manor. "Tim," she greeted.

"Hey," was all he said before looking around. "Dick is on his way, Damian. Talk to him, alright?"

"Tt, fine," the younger boy grumbled.

Jade got up suddenly. "I'm going to get a coffee. Anyone want anything?"

"Would you grab me one?" Tim asked as he sat down.

"Of course," Jade replied, quickly rushing out of the waiting room and to the elevator. She pressed the down button and waited for the doors to open.

"Going down?" Asked a voice.

"Yeah," Jade replied, stepping in.

"I'm Mia," the voice in the elevator said. The girl held her hand out and Jade looked up to take the girl's looks. She was from Asian descendants, with a cute bob for hair with a yellow flower in it.

"I'm Jade," she replied.

"Cool. So mind I ask why you are here. Wait- that's rude. I'm sorry," Mia laughed.

"It's alright, Mia," Jade sighed. "I'm here because my- my aunt has been badly injured. We don't know what's going to happen."

"I'm sorry," Mia put her hand on Jade's shoulder. "It's going to be okay."

Jade nodded her head, feeling oddly relaxed. "Thanks Mia."

"Jade, call me Maps. Everyone else does."

"Alright, Maps."

• • •

"So then, Colton and Pom raced to the other side of the cathedral, and bam they took down the ghost like no biggie," Maps laughed.

"No way," Jade smiled. "So Colton is your friend that is in the hospital?"

"Yeah, a firework went haywire. It was supposed to go into the sky, not tip over," Maps sighed dramatically, throwing herself down on the floor.

"Get up," Jade giggled. "Your on the gross floor. Do you know how many illnesses might be on the floor?"

"Ooh, maybe I'll contract the Langstrom Virus," Maps sang, leaning as if she was going to lick the floor.

"Mia no," Jade screamed, rushing to the floor so she could pull Maps away from the floor.

Maps laughed hysterically, leaning back into Jade. "That was great, you so fell for that one."

Jade felt her face fluster the slightest bit as the other girl grinned up at her. "Yeah, I guess I did."

"Roth," a voice called. Jade looked up instinctively, looking right at Damian.

"Wayne?" Maps asked. "What are you doing here."

"Looking for Roth, obviously. Tim has been waiting for his coffee for over half an hour and he's starting to get tremors."

"Oh, well Colton is in room 456 if you want to visit him," Maps said. "It was nice to meet you Jade. Do you have Intera?"

"Yeah, it's crystaljade. Follow me and I'll follow back," Jade winked a little before walking out, holding the two, still hot coffees in her hands.

"Thank Azarath you are back," Raven exclaimed. "It's Star."

"Is she waking up?" Jade asked, handing Tim the coffee.

"She did," A deep voice said. Jade looked around to see Bruce Wayne standing above Dick, a grim shadow on his face. "But she has no memory."

"Then lets go see her," Jade pressured.

"Jade, she's gone. We don't have any idea where she left to," Bruce finished.

• • •

"The Teen Titans are disbanded. You have until the end of the summer to find places to stay. If there is no option I will find you one," Batman said before cutting out the video chat.

"What are we going to do?" Jade whispered to herself. "Only three months to find a place."

"I can stay with the Garrick family," Bart sighed as he threw his mask onto the floor.

"Raven and I are getting an apartment," Garfield admitted.

"So I'm back to having no home," Jade whispered to herself, crossing her arms.

"Jade," Raven sighed, sitting down next to her. "I'd offer for you to stay with us but-"

"There is not enough room," Jade finished. "And you don't want me sleeping in the living room and I'm only 14 so I can't get a decent job to help pay for things."

Jade got up quickly and walked out of the living room, finding herself in her bedroom. She fell backwards on her twin sized bed, closing her eyes. She let herself drift into a deep sleep, trying to ignore the pains of the past month.

Sorry for such fast paced chapters. I'm trying to get to where her and Damien are actually in the same town/state/school/team so then they will get to know one another. I hope no one will be offended if there are other relationships along the way. Thanks! ( ^ω^ ). Hahaha, I discovered that my Japanese keyboard has all these cool things so now I'm a little obsessed. ♥︎☆∽▲©︎™️. I'm so sorry you might have to deal with these strange symbols in the social media chapters.