Chapter Six

Gotham City, United States of America

Damian frowned as Alfred pulled into the gates of Gotham Academy. He could see the rest of his classmates were on break. He didn't know what to do. Half of him didn't want to go socialize with Mizoguchi and Jørgensen. Even watching Rivera with his daily mischief lost its amusement.

"Does young Master Damian wish to go home?" Alfred asked.

"No, Pennyworth," Damian sighed. "I'd rather forget this last night."

"Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but you acted as if you had a soft spot for the girl," Alfred tries to pry.

"You are mistaken, I don't have feelings for a girl from the streets," Damian spat as he got out of the car, slamming the door shut and walking away.

• • •

"Are you ready?" Stephanie asked, pulling her blonde hair into a pony tail.

Jade nodded, looking around. "Yeah. Thanks for driving me to the hotel so I could get my stuff. Are you sure you don't want gas money?"

Stephanie shook her head. "No thanks, I'll just have you owe me a favor," she winked.

"What?" Jade questioned.

"Nothing to worry about," Stephanie laughed. "Yet."

"Jade," Dick called. "You all ready?"

She nodded her head, looking at her feet. "Yeah, I'm ready."

Dick reached down and picked up the black suitcase holding Jade's only belongings. "Off to Jump City, eh?"

• • •

Starfire waited impatiently, flying around the tower, searching for a sign of Nightwing and the new recruit. All she knew about the girl was her name was Jade and she had mystic powers, like Raven, but were based from stones and crystals, unlike Raven.

"She here yet, Kori?" A voice shouted from on the grounds. Starfire flew down, landing softly on the cement path, her high heels clicking as she made her way to the group of teen ranging for 16-20.

"Not yet, guys, but any moment now," Starfire laughed nervously. "Nightwing said she wanted some food."

"Wasting that much time on something as simple as food?" A kid asked.

"Calm down, Bart, we will see them soon," Starfire insured.

"Is she going to fit in?" Asked another boy.

"Yes, Garfield, she will. She may be young but she can do this," Starfire paused. "Raven, what's on your mind."

"I'm just worried," Raven admitted. "Jade is so young. Bart is three years older than her, and Gar and I are five years more."

"And she will be just like having a younger sister," Starfire pressured.

"Yeah. More worry and fear about her getting hurt," Bart reputed. "I just know it will happen that way."