Chapter One

-Is the darling girl going to tell me a story?-

Edmonton, London. UK

"Close your eyes," Constantine called out, glancing over to the young girl next to him. The girl's long, artificial blonde hair was drenched in a mix of sweat and holy water.

"Please," the girl whispered to him. "Please save me."

"I will, love," the dirty blonde man promised. He said these words but he did not believe them. He could easily defeat the dark creature that was holding power over the girl, but it would risk hurting the girl beyond saving.

He didn't want that again.

With a sigh of uneasiness he called out to the only person he knew would answer. "Jade. now would be your time to shine."

Within seconds a giggle sounded around the abandoned apartment he and the half taken girl were tied up in. The giggle scared the girl, but Constantine knew it was nothing to fear. He grinned a bit, knowing that the dark creature would not be prepared for what was happening next.

"May Azarath refute the dark power that haunts your soul. With the power granted to me from my ancestors, I shall defeat you. I shall defend the innocent souls before me, and I shall free them from their bonds: physically and spiritually." The youthful voice of Jade repeated as she walked through the large building. Finally, she reached the room.

"Took you long enough, Jade," Constantine complained, fidgeting in his seat. "I was thinking about doing this without you."

Jade laughed, placing her ungloved left hand on the man's shoulder. "Well, I thank you for letting me battle with you."

He dryly laughed, his eyes grey and tired. Jade understood and quickly began untying the fraying ropes that tied him to the rotting rocking chair. She quickly turned to the other girl, taking in her dark skin and contrasting hair.

"Don't untie her," Constantine warned. "The ceremony hasn't been completed but he still controls a part of her."

"Who is it this time?" Jade asked, placing a piece of brown hair behind her ear.

"Suge," he grumbled. "One of Trigon's many sons."

Jade blinked and then nodded. "I am familiar with a couple of his kin."

"Suge?" Constantine asked, looking surprised.

"No, Trigon, stupid."

"Keep with that attitude, young lady, and I'll have you kept in the broom closet for a week."

"You wish you could have the power over me to do that," Jade mumbled to herself.

"Who named you? Who names their child Jade. Personally, it's a useless stone and tacky color," Constantine said as he lit the flames in the candles again.

"My mother did. Then she died three years later." Jade sighed as she started her own candles.

He scoffed, blowing out the match he was using. "We all have our sob stories, don't dread on your own."