So Close [Originally written by: sweetukissfan]

“Say ah…”

                Baby Jenny opened her mouth obediently when she saw her grandfather bring the pink spoon close to her mouth. She let the food fall into her mouth and clapped her hands at the taste. That’s her way of saying she likes the food.

                “Aww, does Jenny like her food? Yes you do, yes you do~~ oh you are so cute my little angel.” Mr. Wu pinched Jenny’s cheek as he continued feeding her. He never had a daughter (only a bastard of a son) so he treats Jenny as if she was his very own. And she is so adorable! With ten little fingers and that cute button nose…

                “I’m so sorry to bother you Dad.” Tao said, taking his place next to Jenny at the breakfast table. “I just got a call from the martial arts centre.”

                “Everything alright?”

                “Yeah, it’s nothing that we can’t handle.” Tao said, digging into his plate of eggs and pancakes. He kept glancing sideways to check on his daughter, who’s eating obediently and not causing a scene. Jenny can get into one of her fits every now and then, which involves throwing food high in the air and splattering everything.

                “Good morning everybody.”

                “Ah yes, good morning Joonmyun.” Mr. Wu greeted his nephew. He looked behind him and saw no one. “I thought Kris was coming back with you?”

                “Kris? Oh no, I haven’t heard from him all day yesterday.”

                “Tao, have you tried calling Kris?”

                “I did, he said he was still working on the case. Apparently last night he was at a bar of some kind.”

                “Ah yes, Club Z.” Suho nodded, putting the napkin on his lap.

                “Another club?” Mr. Wu crossed his arms.

                “Yes. It’s a new one. I’m having my men work on more information about the case.”

                “Well I hope Kris has said something to you about coming home this week.”

                “Er, no, I don’t recall anything.”

                “Great.” Mr. Wu dropped his fork, letting it knock against the gold plate noisily. “So my own son forgot his anniversary?”

                “Anniversary?” Suho looked at Tao, who was now chewing very slowly and diverting his eyes, pretending to look at Jenny.

                “You know what, never mind. Just if you see him, tell him to come home.” Mr. Wu grumbled.

                “Okay.”

                A pregnant silence filled the room for a couple of minutes. Jenny was looking at her grandfather, appa and her uncle. Why are they suddenly so quiet? This feels weird and uncomfortable.

                “Wah~~” Jenny started whining. Tao picked the little girl up from her baby seat and put her in his lap.

                “Now now sweetie, don’t do that…”

                “She probably feels uncomfortable due to the awkward silence.” Suho said, chewing his sausages. Mr. Wu shook her head as he watched Tao calm down his granddaughter.