Bad Grades and an Uncomfortable Encounter

“What is this I see?” Mr. Wu turns his head and gawks at the people walking down the stairs. It was Tao and Jenny, but more shockingly, Tao, Jenny and Kris.

                Kris, his son, is home for breakfast?! And if he just came down the stairs with Tao, that meant that he stayed overnight?!?!

                Dear lord, miracles do happen.

                “That’s right old man; I was home for my anniversary last night.” Kris said, flipping his blonde bangs to one side. He helped Jenny into her high chair and took his seat at the breakfast table next to his father. “You didn’t think I would make it did you?”

                “Honestly, no I didn’t. But I’m glad you did. You must have arrived late last night.”

                “I did, but I got to spend at least the last hour of the day with my beautiful sweetheart.” Kris leaned in to peck Tao’s cheeks, in which he blushed and elbowed Kris shyly, pretending to be busy buttering up his toast.

                “Let’s not go there shall we? There’s only so much fluff I can handle in one morning.” Mr. Wu shivered. The family went on to enjoy a lovely breakfast. Mr. Wu looked to his right and noticed a spot empty.

                “Is Joonmyun not joining us for breakfast? Perhaps you had better call him.”

                “I wouldn’t bother him. He had a date last night.”

                “He did?!” Both Tao and Mr. Wu gasped in shock. It wasn’t like Suho to actually have a date. Suho and Kris had one very big similarity, the two men are workaholics. So for Suho to actually have a date is considered a mighty rare occasion.

                “Yeah, and if the boy played his cards right, he should have gotten lucky last night.” Kris sniggered to himself.

                “What does that mean?” Mr. Wu asked, but was interrupted by Steven the butler bringing the morning paper.

                “Thank you Steven.” Mr. Wu took the paper and flipped it open, looking for the business section. Kris caught a glimpse of the front headlines and nearly spat out his eggs.

MANHUNT FOR MISSING BOYS

                And right underneath were the Porcelain Doll’s pictures.

                “Oh god.” Kris jumped out from his seat, nearly knocking over his breakfast plate. He searched frantically for his phone, only to find his daughter playing Angry Birds on it.

                “Weeee!!” Jenny cooed as the big red bird flew to hit the green pig. Kris grabbed the phone and kissed his daughter’s forehead. “Sorry baby, but it’s an emergency.”

                “Kris, where are you going?” Tao asked.

                “I have got to get back to work! There’s an emergency! Gotta find Suho…” Kris struggled with his jacket until Tao stood up and helped him put it on.

                “Be careful.” Tao warned.

                “I always am.” Kris kissed Tao one last time before leaving. “I’ll see you guys later!”

                “Bye! Say bye to daddy!” Tao lifted Jenny’s hand and waved it at Daddy. He stood at the window, watching Kris drive out the driveway and into the distance. He sighed internally and sat back down. This sigh was different than the usual why did you have to leave sigh, this sigh was more of a please be safe sigh.