A Christmas Surprise: The Miracles of December

Hunhan

               “Okay guys, ready to go?” Sehun said, wrapping the scarf around his neck. Luhan was already bundled up warmly as Lucy and Mike put on their snow shoes and mittens. Snow has finally fallen in Korea and it’s time for the kid’s favourite time of the season, making snowmen and snow ball fights.

               “Don’t stay out too long or you’ll catch a cold.” Xiumin reminded them. The kids nodded and kissed their appa on the cheeks. Sehun, Luhan and the kids head out to the surrounding gardens outside the apartment block, where the snow had already covered pretty much everything, including trees and playgrounds.

               “Yeah!!! SNOW!!” The kids jumped into the snow and kicked about, watching the flakes fly in the air. Luhan was feeling the chilly air and waddled his way over like a duck.

               “Careful of the ice, Luhan.” Sehun said, holding his hand and bringing him over to the snow. “Sehun hyung, can we make snowmen together?” Mike asked, holding a wad of snow in his hands.

               “Sure, Luhan, do you know how to make a snowman?” Luhan shook his head.

               “No? Its fine, I’ll show you!” Sehun, Luhan and the kids made three snowmen, aptly named Papa Snowman, Mama Snowman (or Snowwoman) and Baby Snowman (or Snowgirl or Snowboy).

               “Gee, Papa Snowman is beginning to look just like Daddy!” Lucy said, giggling at her creation. She decorated Papa Snowman’s face with big black rocks for beady eyes, lots of small stones for a wide smile and even two curved dents for Jongdae’s trademark cheekbones.

               “Nah, I don’t think he looks like your daddy, his head isn’t big enough.” Sehun grinned. Luhan laughed and the kids threw snowballs at him. “Don’t tell your daddy, shhhh.”

               “I’m so gonna tell Daddy!” Lucy said, throwing a snowball at Sehun. Sehun threw one back and before you know it, a snowball fight erupted. The kids attacked Luhan and Sehun with snowballs and Sehun quickly pushed Luhan behind him, protecting him from the rain of snowballs.

               “Stay behind me Luhan!” Sehun said, covering his head with his hand. Luhan grabbed a snowball and threw it at the kids, hitting Lucy in the back.

               “Nice shot; you’d make a great laser tag partner.” Sehun smiled. They played with the snowballs until they fell back on the soft snow, tuckered out with wisps of steam escaping their cold lips. Luhan stood up to walk back, but fell against the slippery ice.

               “Luhan oppa!” Lucy ran to help Luhan who had just fallen down. Luhan was rubbing his sore cheek and Lucy stood on her tiptoes to kiss it.

               “Whoa…” Sehun almost slipped from the shock. “Hey, Lucy, no kissing Luhan.”

               “But daddy always says that when someone gets hurt, you kiss the spot so that the pain goes away.”

               “That’s something your daddy tells your appa to get in his…” Sehun managed to stop himself in time. “You know what, never mind.”

               “ATTACK!!” Mike threw one big snowball and hit Sehun square on the nose. “Gotcha, Sehun hyung!”

               “I will kill you, Mike!” Sehun rubbed his nose. “Ouch, that hurt.”