Dirty messages and a Fluffy Teddy bear

“Jacques, how are my monthly finances coming?”

                “They are doing just fine sir, here’s a list of all the monthly expenditures including credit card bills.” A middle-aged man with spectacles handed over a list to Mr. Wu in his home office. Mr. Wu takes the list and skims through it, brows furrowing as he checks them all.

                “Hmm, the miscellaneous spending is getting higher isn’t it?”

                “It can’t be helped sir. Jenny is a growing girl and she needs sustenance. Plus there is the one time she had fever and you sent her to the best private hospital in town.”

                “Yes, I remember.” Mr. Wu nodded, thinking back to the time when Jenny woke up crying and Tao was frantic over her high temperature. “I suppose these things can’t be helped eh?”

                “No, sir.”

                “Very well. Handle the bills for me.”

                “Yes sir.” Jacques took the list and proceeded to walk out until Mr. Wu called him back.

                “Jacques, any news of my son?”

                “He’s still working on the case sir. I have not seen him since Monday.”

                “Why is this case taking so long? What’s the status?”

                “It seems as if they are currently dealing with the victims and getting them to safety as well as therapy sessions. Most of these girls do not want to leave the country and they are currently thinking of ways to support them.”

                “Have they had any new leads on this Mr. X?”

                “Not that I know of sir. He is supposedly a very tough man to catch.”

                Mr. Wu sighed. “If this goes on anymore who knows how many more people will be affected. Human trafficking happens every day. Every time we stop someone, someone new pops up.”

                “Yes sir.”

                “Tell Suho to step it up, or I’ll have the Interpol come in.”

                Jacques felt his throat stiffen. “I…Interpol sir?”

                “Yes. If this so-called Mr. X is as powerful as he claims, we need back-up. If I have to bring in Interpol, so be it. Heck, I’ll even get UNODC if I have to.”

                “Yes sir.”

                “And tell that son of mine to come back home. His anniversary with Tao is supposed to be coming up and I want my son-in-law to have a good one this year.” Mr. Wu raised his voice a little higher. “Unlike last year where we had a surprise party planned and in turned he surprised us by flying to New York at the last minute.”

                “I take it there will be no more surprises this year.”

                “None, Jacques. Still remember all that leftover food?”

                “We were eating the anniversary cake for 6 days, sir.”

                Mr. Wu cringed, remembering the feeling of having to stuff down that disgustingly sweet cream caramel cake with pink frosting for six days straight. He felt bad for Tao, who had to miss out on his anniversary all because of his stupid workaholic husband. The little panda darling cried himself to sleep. “Don’t remind me Jacques. Damn boy, he should be the one fussing over this stuff, not me.”