Chapter 16

Jasmine

The sound of water running woke me up from a sleep I didn't even know I was having. I open my eyes and see the familiar plush duvet around my body , I shoot up in bed and realized I've stayed at Eric home.

How am I going to explain this to Alexander?!

"Good morning sleepy head , want some breakfast?" Eric sits next to me in the bed. He wore nothing but a pair of jean pants while his upper body glistened with fresh water drops.

"Um- h-how did I get here?" I ask , it was a mystery really.

I remember getting into his car and then boom I'm now in his bed? How the hell does that even happen!

"Well let's see... we were going to stop and talk but apparently someone was sleepy" he chucked and played with my messy hair, his smile was still warm and comforting I just wanted to reach out and- nope I can't he's not the same Eric I remember , he's changed now and I'm with Alexander..... I think?

I slowly moved away from his reach as I shifted to get up from bed , I have to get home to shower but I don't want to face Alexander just yet. Wait! he's probably at work I can easily go home and shower and than I can visit Eli until it's time to go home and face the music, sounds like a plan even though I know he's going to be so angry I can't face him yet.

"I'm sorry I have to pass maybe next time?" I knew it probably wouldn't be a next time if Alexander had something to do with it but I guess it felt right to say it in the moment.

"Okay..... let me at least give you a ride home"

"I don't know" Would that be really pushing it if I accepted a ride from him?

It's not like where he lives is a secret , I mean he has been to Eric's home before. But I called him here , does that count?

"I'm not taking no for an answer , let's go" he grabbed my hand and pulled me downstairs where he took the time to put on my shoes for me.

"Aren't you going to put on a shirt?" I ask nervously while looking down at the ground, I didn't want to stare at his body the whole ride there but damn was he a sight to see.

"Oh come on don't act like you haven't seen my shirtless before" he chuckled and grabbed my hand, we walked out the door and into his car.
*****

"Thanks for the ride Eric!" I wave as I get out of his car.

"Anytime princess! Call me when you get the chance so we can really go for that dinner" he smiled , I smiled awkwardly back knowing that it probably won't happen but I don't say anything more.

I watch as his car finally isn't visible before I made my way into the house, it wasn't locked so that's odd.

I carefully walked inside of the living room to see everything neat no sign of anyone ever being in here. I shrugged and made my way upstairs and into my room.

I sit on my bed and let out a heavy sigh , how did we come to this? I thought that he would understand how I felt but apparently he didn't , he didn't even care to actually listen to my reasoning he just decided on his own.

Ugh! Men!

I should go take a shower now and maybe go and see what else it is to do around here before getting up to leave again.
****

Alexander

I couldn't stay at work when my mind went to jasmine the whole time.

I thought I was going to forget about this but somehow it bothered the hell out of me. Linda's replacement took over for the rest of the day , I know I'm going to regret this later but I didn't care at the moment.