Chapter Thirty: The Immortals

---------------------------> Play song! It's going to go with the story!

Erik POV:

I slammed my fist on the table as Serena flinched from my sudden action, “Penelope, just left?” I asked, trying to repeat the same words that Serena said when I woke up from a dozy dream.

She nodded her head a bit frightened as she handed me the note that was wrinkled from her holding it tightly against her fist.

I gazed up at her when I snatched the paper from her hands and opened it up still watching Serena as she played with the hem of her shirt.

“Erik, I know what I did was wrong, but this is my journey I need to face this alone. I can’t be held responsible for what happens to you and Serena. I’m sorry, but I’ve got to do what I was meant to do.”

I sighed, crumbling up the piece of paper and throwing it away in the basket of trash, “We have to go get her.”

“-but you heard what she said. She wants to do it by herself.” Serena backed away from my glare.

“You don’t understand what she’s getting herself into.”

“Please enlighten me.” Serena humorously said,

“The fire of The Immortals isn’t just some place to save all Immortals.”  she raised her brow trying to comprehend what I was saying, “It’s a place to sacrifice. If Penelope isn’t the one true Immortal Queen, then she dies as the rest of us Immortals follow behind.”

Serena clenched her fist, “How do you know she’s not the Queen of the Immortals.”

“-because Serena the Queen of the Immortals still lives, and if she still lives that means Penelope will have to kill her and follow up to her place. Trust me on this, the Queen is harder to kill then The Immortals like me. We have to go and stop her now.”

“-but what about you and the rest of your kind.” Serena called out as I reached out for my knife and sward.

“Penelope is the one who needs saving. We basically lived are life’s to the fullest. Will be fine. Death was coming for us at a point in time.”

“Erik, you can’t do this.”

“I have too.”

~..~

Penelope POV:

I had no idea what I was doing when I drew out my pocket knife at the Queen who laughed, “Do you pick me out as a fool?” her voice could be heard from miles away.

Serena had not warned me about the certain dangers I was setting myself into as I glared up at the beautiful goddess herself.

“You, Queen of the Immortals? I had thought the Fates were smarter than this. I expected a more beautiful and braver girl. Not a pretty little girl with dirt covered all over her face and clothes. Why don’t you go and play with your dolls.”

I had traveled hard through places and I wasn’t going to give up, “No.” I say,

“No?” her hand covered her mouth as she acted hurt by my words, “You want a bad guy. I’ll give you the bad guy.”

My knife flew from my hands as it was across the room. Her red hair was on fire as her sharp teeth flashed out hissing, “You will not kill me!” she yelled, feeling the whole room shake.

I stood up fast running to the knife before a hard blow of wind flew me off into a wall as I winced in pain.

“Who’s the real Queen, eh?” she asked, laughing as my pocket knife flew to her as she took a hold of it.

She was holding me against my will as her hands curled up into a ball as I screamed out in pain.

“STOP!” A voice echoed through the room,

The Queen snarled up at the man who was covered head to toe in a black cloak, “Why should I listen to you Laurent.” She hissed,

“-you owe me.” was all he said, as she returned her glare at me and scratched my face.

I feel to the ground breathing heavily as The Queen returned back to her beautiful self, “Why so interested on the girl?” she fixed her flaming hair as she smiled sweetly up at Laurent/Damon, “May I say you look dashing as ever. Whose body did you capture this time?

This time? That means that he’s controlled another person body before and how many times has he done it.

“Stop with the flattery, it doesn’t quite suite you. Hand over the girl.”

“Not so fast Laurent. Why so interested in the girl?”

I fixed my gaze upon Damon blue electrifying eyes, only to be reminded that they belong to Laurent.

He growled, “She was here to save the Immortals. She has to kill you to achieve that. I’ll dispose of her, just let me have her.”

Her finger drummed against her hips as a smirk appeared, “Very well.” She glanced at me before a strange force pulled me over to Laurent/Damon.

“Kill her, now. If what you say is true then kill her.”

This was my chance.

Laurent took the knife that the Queen handed her and faced me. At that moment I felt that Damon was here. He had to be.

“Damon, I know you’re in there.” I pleaded, “Its Penelope. You know annoying girl who got on your nerves. I’m friends with your brother Erik.”

Laurent/Damon raised up the knife seeing him shaking. Its working, “Please Damon. Don’t let Laurent win. You can control him. It’s your body not his.”

I could see the frown in his face, but his eyes showed sadness. He was fighting.

“Penelope.” Damon strained out, “Get out of here.”

“Damon. You can do this.” I asked, as his arms were losing a bit from the grip he had around my arm.

“Laurent!” The Queen yelled, “Kill her.”

Before I knew it Laurent was back replacing the sadness of Damon eyes into anger.

“Sorry princess, but you lose.” Laurent jabbed the knife into my heart as I cried out in pain. I felt my life flying away form me as I saw the pool of blood race down the room.

I was dying.

I tried to catch my breath as I saw white flashes of light.

“You did it!” The Queen cheered as I saw the mixture of hurt against Laurent face. He did it. He stabbed me.

“Penelope.” Laurent voice sadly said before a tear fell from his eyes, “What have I done!”

I was losing air as I watched Damon yell and curse.

He’s back.

My Damon is back.