Chapter Twenty Six: The Immortals

He lost it. Sooner or later he'll lose all humanity all together.

_ Penelope

"Penelope." He said rather calmly, behind his smiling face and eyes, I knew that he was keeping something from me.

"Erik." I replied, "What happened to you?" I ask,

"What do you mean?" he said taking a step closer to me, "I'm perfectly fine. The question is what happened to you?" he scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"I've been looking everywhere for you."

I watched his lingering gaze as he traveled his eye back to mine. I did the same only I didn't have that lust in his eyes as I did from him. His dazzling light green eyes seemed to be darker then before. His blond hair was flat and dead. I couldn't help, but actually want to help him. The way he was acting wasn't Erik. It was trance Erik.

"Well, you found me. I'm completely fine." Erik reached out for my hand.

I was unconvinced, but when his hand touched mine. I felt a spark, and not the love feeling you get. It was dark and powerful. Erik dropped to the floor. He was in pain, but how?

"Who are you?" Erik says breathless,

I looked at my hand, "Erik, I need to get you out of here." I say,

"No! This is my home!" Erik started to scream in pain as I touched his shoulder,

"Erik calm down. Everything will be okay. Just follow me."

"Don't touch me you demon!" Erik yelled,

 I  turned toward the deafening sound like thunder, "What was that?" I ask,

"You've made a big mistake Penelope." Erik's voice was raspy and deep.

"Erik? What's going on."

Erik wasn't Erik. He began to change.....into Damon.

"Laurent."

"So glad to see you can still recognize me. I've had a few things done to my appearance if you haven't realized it yet." 

Oh, I've realized.

"What have you done to Erik?" I ask,

"Nothing really. I haven't even seen him."

"You lair! What have you done to ERIK!" my reaction was slow, but it stun the both of us as blue light blew Laurent to his back.

"Penelope, do you really want to challenge me? You could kill Damon and I'll simply just go back to my old body."

"I don't care. Where's Erik." I tell him one more time.

I take out a knife and stick it close to his chest. Making him feel the point of the sharp knife.

He hesitated a bit before he took a deep breath, "Fine, he's right over there."

I turn a bit seeing a conscious body on the floor, "Get out of here before I damage your whole face."

Laurent/Damon stood up, "Calm down, I'll be out of your little pretty hair. Just remember I'll be back."

With one last wave he vanished.

I ran over to Erik and bended down only to find Serena?

"NO!" I shouted,

How could this have happened? I've had everything planned, or maybe I just winged it.

A tear escaped my eyes.

~..~

"What happened?" Serena asked, "My head feels like crap."

"Tell me about it."

She faces me with wide eyes, "Did you find Erik?"

I looked away from her gaze, "No." I held on firm as a tear escaped my eye once again.

"I'm so sorry." Serena says.

Right there. Right at that moment I just felt complexly outraged.

"It's all your fault." I yelled,

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah you heard me. It was all your fault. If it wasn't for you and leaving me-

"Hey if it wasn't for me you wouldn't be here! You would still be in that house thinking of a stupid plan!"

I kept silent. She was right.

"I'm sorry."

"Save it. I'm out." She stands up and makes her way near the meadow edge of a large boulder.

"Serena!"

But she doesn't hear me. She's gone.

I run trying to follow her, but a hand reaches out and pulls me back.

"HEY! Get off of me!"

"Shhh! It's me."

Erik.

"I need you to get out of here. It's not safe."

"Erik, we both have to get out of here."

"I need you to get out of here. It's not safe." he repeated

"Erik? Are you okay?"

"I need you to get out of here. It's not safe."

"Of course he's not okay. He's in a trance. He's daydreaming."

"Serena." I say.

"We need to get out of here. Beyond everything but the clouds, there's a hint of sunlight. I think I can lift us all up there with my power."

"Are you sure it will work?" 

"Yes, trust me."

I grabbed a hold of Erik and Serena's hand.

"Here goes nothing." Serena said,