Chapter Twenty-Five: The Immortals

I couldn't help but think of all the possibilities I could have sacrificed for my family. Maybe, just maybe I would have been so stubborn and stayed and helped out mother;then none of us would be in this mess. 

-Penelope <3 always 

I heard a slam come from the living room area. I closed my journal and walked over there. Expecting to see Serena, but instead I found the door never being open in the first place. Serena had fallen asleep on the couch and her finger was pointed directly to a hard cover book which is now on the floor.  She shifted around conspicuous of the movements around, but never once opened an eyelid to see what it was. 

I held my journal closley to my chest and moved toward the door. Today, unfortunately is the day were I will be looking for Erik. Even though this is all my fault. I can't help thinking that what if I don't make it out alive. What if the tears of the fairy weren't true in the first place replaced with fake ones so I could die alone. Or relive my nightmares of my family's death all over again. This is alot to take in for all I have are a few 'What If's' And only one will be the lucky what if.      

.........

I don't know why, but I started to write things down on my journal every few seconds. Things that I could've done.  Things I should've done.

It was sunny and bright this afternoon and I was gazing out the great outdoors. I didn't know whether to leave Serena right at this moment, or just wait and go with her later. But inside  my gut kept saying to leave. Leave the hell out of there. 

.......................

Serena had woken up and is now right in front of the frige looking for something to eat. Which has to  be like about five years or more old. 

"Hey." I said, as I walked over to a cabint to see cups and plates. Grabbing a cup and washing it before I put fresh clean water. 

She nodded her head not saying a peep before she took out a piece of apple, "Hey, how was your day?" she asked as she took a big bite of her apple. 

"Nothing much. Just writing and junk."

"Junk like what?" 

"Things." I gave her a glare making her know that this disscussion was over.

"Okay okay. I get that you don't want to clue me in inside your private life." 

"Serena, I think it's about time that we get packing and get a move on." 

"Yeah. Your right." She closed her eyes and snaped her fingers. Right in front of her was her bag and a bunch of clothes. "I'm done." 

"Ugh, why can't I be you." I question,

"Yeah I ask the same question every day. To bad I live it every hour of my life." she took a bite out of her apple before standing up and going through the door,

"Wait." I called out to her, "I also need to pack." 

"Why It's not like you brought anything with you." 

"I know, but there some things that belong to Damen and Erik. They may want there things back, and some of there things can be pretty useful." 

She sighed and went to go back to her usual couch. 

~..~

After a few hours or so. Serena and I were walking toward a forest. It was dark covered with spider webs and creepy eyes blinking back at us. 

"I don't think this was a very good choice." I say.

Serena laughes it out, "Of course it is silly. Come on. This is The Forest of Dreams." 

Just a few minutes ago. Serena and I covered are self'ves in the fairy's tears. I gulped and hoped for the best. 

I could feel my skin crawl back. The air smelled funky. My head felt a little daze, but nothing seemed to happen just yet. 

"Serena?!" I yelled, "Serena? This isn't funny. Get over here." I scaned around to see no one around me. She's gone? You don't think that she left and left me to die here alone? 

I decided to walk foward and ignore the fact that any second now I could be attacked. 

.........

Erik PROV: 

My mothers cheerful's face replaced with nothingness. Her life taken away for nothing. She's dead. Along side by my father. The way they tried there hardest to protect both me and Damen. Now there dead. I closed my eyes. Thinking of something happier, but everytime I keep picturing them. Is this a nightmare? Is this my death. Recalling the time I saw my parents death. This can't be happing. 

Just a few minutes and the guards men stood before them and killed them. I could see myself crying as I heard the painful screams of my mothers. 

Is there no hope for me? 

I felt a slight turn in my stomach. My heart beating faster than usual. I see her again. 

She was  beautiful. 

Penelope. 

...........

Penelope PROV: 

Erik! 

HE was right there. 

He seemed to be looking at me, but there was something at the glare he was giving me that he didn't recognize me at all.