The Immortals~Ch.14

Penelope PROV:

I woke with a sudden jolt feeling hot water run down my clothes. I glared at Damen as he stood there with a smirk right on his face.

"Wakey wakey, time to get up." he said while extending his hand to me. I refused to take it only slipping and falling on my butt. He chuckled under his breath making me give him once again a glare.

"Okay, okay, just trying to help you out." He again reached down for me giving me little choice to accept his help.

" Thanks, but I didn't need your help."

"It looked like you did." He replied with a smart comeback,

"Well I don't." I stood up meeting  Damen electrifying eye's go straight into mine. I looked away only looking at a body lain across the floor. I saw a boy with red flaming hair run across from me. That's weird?  Didn't Damen kill him?Then again his body is laying over there. I made my way seeing an injured Tiffany with a broken arm; Cain was carefully trying to tie around a cloth around the wound. I flinched as I saw a pile of blood dripping from Tiffanie's arm.

"Well, your looking fine as ever." Cain said while putting the finishing touches on Tiffany.

"Yes, I'm fine, but is Tiffany well?" I asked as Cain walked past me. Making me try to catch up.

"She's fine, bloody, but fine." He turned around meeting my eye's. I didn't realize how handsome Cain was. How his brown eye's shined. I could trace the lines around his face. Felling the same way he did. He smiled which sent a warm friendship around me.

"What are we going too do?" I asked, sitting beside Tiffany,

"I'm not sure? Mark left as I went out to track him." I muttered the word dammit under my breath,

Damen walked beside Cain and laid a reassuring slap on the back, "Well get him."

"Damen, How did you kill that boy?"

"I didn't..." He said while looking over at the body motionless on the ground.

"What do you mean?"

"He can't die,Penelope, Well he can it's just Immortals can't kill him. It has to be a witch."

"But, I saw that you took out his heart. That must have killed him?" My voice rising ever so slightly, heart beating faster than usual, and finger's trembling as If I saw the boy run.

"Calm down, It's okay. Tomorrow Damen leaves to go find Erik." said Cain

"What about me?" I said

"You will be staying here, safe and sound." Damen responded,

"But-

"No, buts." he walked three steps from me, then thought against it and went toward the door that was broken, "Cain is right, you need some rest. Both of you." He nodded his head once and went up the stares leaving behind the memories of his presence. I shook my head violent and stood up ready to storm up at Damen. Cain got a hold of my arm and pulled me tight,"I know your upset, but needless to say, he's got a point." I looked up at him, face drenched with madness.

"I don't care what happens to me! I just care that Erik is SAFE!" I said pulling away from his hold,

"Penelope listen..."

"No, I don't want to listen anymore. I'm tired of getting treated like an outsider. Like I know nothing of the situation. I just want my family back, Erik, and my old life." I said as I went up the stairs. Leaving a sleeping Tiffany and a very stricken confused Cain.

"I had to get out of here." thoughts flew past repeating the same thing over and over again. All my life I was that odd child who did things they weren't suppose to do. But not today. I'm fit up with it, and if no one wants to see it my way...Then I just have to show them.

Really Penelope? Your going to be disobedient when all there trying to do is make you safe?

Esmeralda? I thought you were just pure imagination?

Yeah I know, so what's been up with you lately? Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...Today

Oh it's me? I'm sorry that I almost got killed by a weird boy, having Damen leave me here. You should be blaming Mark for all this.

Should I? I'm I the one who went to the closet?

No, but---

Exactly, it was your choice not anybody Else's.

But I didn't know!

Couldn't you have been smarter then to follow him on his obvious plan?

Well, I was Sleepy! Stop blaming this on me,

Stop looking at people's faults and look at yours first! You are never going to get your powers if you keep blaming things on others.

Bye Esmeralda!

I'm just saying, Love you

That's it I had to leave. If it was Esmeralda's voice or not there was only one choice to follow. That was to leave now or Damon may find out sooner of later. I garbed some stuff that had to be important for me. A pocket knife, water, one pair of clothes, and money I got from Cain. I closed the door quietly  and made myself outside. The wind pulled on my hair smelling the summer breeze kicking in. I walked toward the forest knowing that Erik must en be that far. Hopefully.

***************

********************

Sorry I took so long, projects at school soo if I don't make it on time then I'm sorry. Please continue on reading:)