Chapter Thirty-Two: The Immortals

Afterlife:

I had felt my body grow cold as the ground sinked me inside. Then a strong pull of energy pulled me right up with such strength, I could see everything from below. I was floating in thin air as I watched Damon and the Queen speaking. Without waiting for another minute to watch Damon, my soul rose up into the sky.

It was bright and cloudy as I stepped inside the white puffiness of the cloud. There was a bridge between this cozy afterlife to were it led to the end. I had hoped that I hadn't seen what I hoped not to see. I rubbed my eyes gazing directly across the bridge where my parents were.

They seemed happy and at ease. They had a smile as if they won something special that can never be taken from them. I stepped forward inching my way closer towards my parents.

"Penelope? What are you doing here?"

I turned around startled to see Esmeralda where I was and not where mother or father was at, "I'm going  with mom and dad." I say, "Why are you not with them?"

"Mother and father moved on with there lives. I haven't because I didn't want to lose you. Your not suppose to be here!" she shouted, 

"Why not? I'm at peace and I want to be with my family!" tears fell from my eyes as I saw Esmeralda face soften,

"Penelope, you are the Immortal Queen." she said loudly, "That fake Immortal Queen is there because of Laurent." 

"I got killed by Laurent because of the Immortal Queen. I am not the Queen!" I cried out,

"Yes, yes you are the Queen you just need to believe." she took a hold of my hand smiling as she waved her left hand in the sky revealing Erik on the ground trying to breath as Serena wrapped her arms around his body trying to sooth him. 

"If you hadn't realized it, but I'm all ready dead." I sighed, biting my lip as Esmeralda showed another cloud that showed Damon crawling up the clock where Laurent lived, "Stop." 

-but Esmeralda didn't stop yet. The film just kept playing as I could see both Erik and Damon fighting for there lives as I stand here safe and well dead.

"If you truly believe that you are the Immortal Queen then you live once again."

"-But what about you, father, and mother?" crossing my arms together as I felt empty inside then I did before. 

"We will still be here, except that we may not see each other but when your body is ready. You will see us still here waiting for you." 

I felt guilty as Esmeralda stopped the film and lets goes of my hand. I didn't know what to believe anymore. Help my family that I've known forever, or help all Immortals out there. 

I just couldn't decided as I watched my parents waving and smiling directly towards me and Esmeralda. 

Then I knew my answer. 

~..~

Damon PROV: 

Laurent stood in front of me with that same sly smile of his as he held his chest feeling the painful sting as I as well felt the exact same. 

"You want to kill me off?" Laurent breathlessly said, "Well, go ahead." extending his arms out in the air as if wanting a hug. 

I held the bloody knife that Penelope held before Laurent as hr took a hold of it and stabbed her to death. I held tightly trying to sense a trap as Laurent tilted his head to the sky and smiled as a blot of lightning hit the sky. 

"You kill me, you die as well." laughing darkly before gazing right at me, "Well? Are you not going to kill me?" he licked his lips and smiled, "That's what I thought." 

I stood there trying to find a away to kill him as another bolt of lightning shook the sky. Laurent calmly walked towards me as I held the knife straight forward making Laurent stop at his tracks. 

"Stop. Don't get any closer." I growled, 

Laurent suddenly stepped back with wide eyes as I smiled knowing this my game to play not his. With one shaky finger Laurent pointed behind me with that same look on his face. 

I didn't want to play that game as I rolled my eyes, "I'm not falling for that, 'Look behind your back and I'll grab your knife' thing. Save it. I came here to kill you."  

"S-s-s-she's alive?" Laurent stuttered, 

"Who's alive?" I asked, confused as Laurent fell to his feet and crawled into a ball. 

"I am alive." her voice was different then before as I turned fast swinging my knife as Penelope cached it with ease. Everything about Penelope changed as her smile grew bigger and brighter. There was a white glow surrounding her that meant she was pure. 

"How is this possible?" I asked, amazed as I walked over to her. Poking her trying to make sure she was real and not a ghost. 

"I'm alive and solid, Damon." she giggled, a red crown was placed on her head, 

I hadn't realized that the pain had vanished as Laurent was crawled in a ball in a corner, "What are going to do with him?" I asked, 

"I'll deal with him." she muttered, replacing that dazzling smile into a sinister frown,